Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM Push? Notification of todos via Badge updates or pop-up notifcations?

naked says:
Is there anyway to get pop-up reminders? Or for the Badge to auto update? Seem that certain apps work in the background, and one that manages todos would be important to have this functionality.

I usually assign a time and date to my important todos, so that I get reminders on my phone, this keeps me from having to constantly check a program for what I need to do.

I've been using the calendar to put todos for a certain time, but this is really crowding my calendar?
Posted at 10:50pm on December 2, 2008
johnwin says:
Until Apple update the phone OS and roll-out their application push system (promised for September 2008 but clearly still not done) then there is no way to do this.

I'm sure it will happen but we are waiting for Apple.
Posted 15 years ago
mag5 says:
Actually you can do badge updates ("things" does, as do many other misc. apps). In fact, I'm waiting for this to be implemented before I upgrade :)
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
mag5, you can choose to have the app badge show:

- Nothing (this is the default)
- Number of tasks due today
- Number of incomplete tasks

To change your preference :

1) Navigate to the Settings screen (by tapping its icon in the bottom bar, or its item underneath More).
2) Tap the App Badge field and select your preference.

I think the feature being requested here is updating the badge count in the background; this isn't possible for any third-party app at this time. The app badge can only be updated after launching the app (so please do not rely on the task number in the badge being always up-to-date for this reason).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
naked says:
Would it be possible to have a simple background script run to update every so often for those who have jailbroken phones?
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.