Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating tasks errors

oboulanger says:
Until today, whenever I would complete a repeating task I would see a new entry for the next date; i.e. if I have a tsk set to repeat the first of each month, once I completed it, it would automatically create an entry for the first of the next month.
This morning, no new entries are created when I click complete on a repeating task.

I think this could be a bug
Posted at 11:15am on February 1, 2006
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I have had a few different repeaters fail to generate the next instance in the last day or two, as well, on Mac and XP.
Posted 18 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We're not aware of any issues with repeating tasks -- can anyone with this problem please email us at [old address removed] with the name of one of the tasks that they expected to repeat? We'll look into this. Thanks!
Posted 18 years ago
oboulanger says:
You will find one under my profile witch is called "download PRADA files" which has 2 notes. I have tried uncompleting and "re-completing" it but no luck.
Posted 18 years ago
mddperkins says:
Guys, out of interest are the repeating entries which are failing to generate the next instances marked as "Repeat: never"? I have quite a few repeats which seem to have just lost their repeating status and I'm wondering if it could be the same issue.
Posted 18 years ago
We fixed one bug related to undoing completed repeating tasks that might have been the cause of this previously.

The other issue that might be occurring is that if you delete an instance of a repeating task, it will stop that task from repeating again in the future (we need to add some kind of warning about this). The reason for this is that many people were trying to kill repeating tasks by deleting them, but this wouldn't work, leading to much frustration about unstoppable repeating tasks :) So, if you want to remove an instance of a repeating task but not kill the repeat, it's best to just complete it. Sorry for the confusion!
Posted 18 years ago
ultrapasty says:
mddperkins: "I have quite a few repeats which seem to have just lost their repeating status and I'm wondering if it could be the same issue."

I also seem to have this problem. I'm not aware that I do anything to cause a loss of repeats, but I often suddenly realise that my should-be-repeating tasks are set to ":never"
Posted 18 years ago
ultrapasty, the issue mddperkins had was related to a bug with undoing completed repeating tasks (which we've since fixed). Have you experienced this problem recently? The only reason that repeats should now stop is if you delete a repeating task (described in my post above).
Posted 18 years ago
ultrapasty says:
Hmm, I'm not sure if it was undoing which triggered it. I'll look out for it!
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.