Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Using RTM with GTDInbox (formerly GTDGmail) labels ...

brettm says:
Hi!

I'm using GTDInbox / GTDGmail with Gmail, so I have a label like "Next Action" which, depending on which way you view it, is really a label like this:

"S/Next Action" or "S-Next-Action" (you have to know GTDInbox to know why the two 'formats').

I'm trying to use RTM with GTDInbox so every time I label something "Next Action" it shows up as a task.

This feature DOES work for starring conversations, so I believe I'm not adding the right label "format" into the RTM setting page.

I've tried "S/Next Action", "S-Next-Action", S/Next-Action" and (I believe) "Next Action" but none seem to work. Anyone know what text I should be entering into the "Create a task when I label an email with" field in RTM settings if my label is "S/Next Action"?

Thanks!
Brett.
Posted at 6:38pm on November 27, 2008
brettm says:
Now SHOOT ... it works!

(The breakthrough came from testing with "S/Action" since no spaces exist then go to "S/Next Action").

As it turns out it's "S/Next Action" you need to put into the RTM Settings field (without the quotes ... just S/Next Action).

NOTE for GTDInbox users (and I know RTM don't suggest ANY functionality with GTDInbox, which I appreciate):

When I choose S/Finished (or another label) the S/Next Action label is automatically removed BUT the task is NOT removed from RTM, which I would expect it would.

However, if I first manually remove the S/Next Action label the task IS removed from RTM and then I have to manually add the S/Finished (or whatever) label.

So, a two-step process for some reason, even though both steps above do involve removing the S/Next Action label. So be it when you smash together different add-ons :>

Brett.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.