Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM running very slow

(closed account) says:
Is RTM running very slow for anybody else? I've tried from two different networks and on both the pages are loading so slowly the service is really unusable.
Posted at 4:21pm on November 25, 2008
arvid says:
Not really seeing any slowness at the moment.

Can you try to use;
https://www.rememberthemilk.com (secure URL)
http://www.rememberthemilk.com (normal URL)

Hope this helps,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Neither one seems to be any better than the other. Perhaps there is an issue between here and there that both of the networks I tried route through. One is our regular network here at work through Merit that routes through Cognet in Chicago and the other is my Verizon EVDO card. Both are going very slow, although the mobile interface through my phone (also Verizon) seems to be working OK.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
FYI it seems to be back to normal now. Traceroutes didn't really show anything out of the ordinary (just good responses all the way through) but it must have been a network issue.
Posted 15 years ago
mwp says:
RTM is really really slow today for me as well. It was slow at my house this mourning and is slow on my computer at work. Same situation for two of my friends as well. Neither link above makes it any faster.
Posted 15 years ago
matthew.e says:
Slow for me for the last few days

Posted 15 years ago
fiedrich says:
Same here for the last couple of days
Posted 15 years ago
davidpaquet says:
Yeah since yesterday it's almost unusable for me too. I'm in Quebec / Canada.

I get alot of errors and get kicked out in offline mode (Google Gears).
Posted 15 years ago
dgoodman88 says:
Let me join in the fray to report that RTM has been EXTREMELY slow the past day or two. Any action takes 9-10 seconds to complete, whereas it's normally instantaneous. All my other internet apps are working fine. I'm using Verizon DSL. Have tried both Chrome and Firefox browsers.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'd like to chime in and concur. My RTM--both the site interface and the iGoogle interface I run in my Sidebar--has been VERY slow.

I'm in the midst of an RTM Pro trial period with my new iPod touch. Is this sort of downtime a frequent occurrence for RTM? Maybe keeping my tasks in the cloud isn't as smart as I thought!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We're checking into this; depending on which of our servers you're hitting, unfortunately there may be some intermittent slowness during peak hours (particularly US morning time) currently. I'm very sorry for any inconvenience.

We're tracking down the source of the issue and we're also scheduling some hardware upgrades this weekend; I'll post about this on the status blog shortly.
Posted 15 years ago
tlbignerd says:
I'll chime in as well that it's been slow at least since Monday. It's somewhat sporadic, but from 10 - 2 certainly are worse than other times. This has been a problem both from home and from the office.

Everything has been perfect for almost two years, so I can't really complain.
Posted 15 years ago
valdar729 says:
Maybe it's the overflow from Iwantsandy? I just joined RTM this weekend because Iwantsandy is shutting down.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.