Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Reminder problem solved

(closed account) says:
I just solved my reminder problem and it was such an elevating experience that I really should share it :)

Since ever, I did not receive any reminders, regardless of the receiving device or task. I asked for help in the forum and submitted a reminder issue report, to no avail. That was couple of months ago, and I have basically given up on it, missing countless birthdays and hence losing most of my friends. Today, it started to bug me again and I had another look at my settings. Without a plan, I played around with some switches - and lo and behold, reminders appear, for the first time in my RTM life!

Now, what did I do: I started using RTM in Europe, having specified "14/02/07" as date format (in the settings, "which looks right ..."). This is what I switched today (now living in the US anyway) to "02/14/07", which apparently triggered the reminder machinery. Interestingly, when I switched it back, they still work. Seems like an issue hard to repro, and I am probably the only one who had it anyway, but who knows, maybe this helps somebody else, so I share it.

Roman
Posted at 2:29am on November 24, 2008
aajax says:
Congratulations. Brilliant. I have gotten a few reminders, but 99% I have not. I shall try your fix. If it works, I will then have the problem of too many reminders. It should be a task by task option, not global.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.