Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

gmail themes makes rtm for gmail disappear

brad.rosner says:
I believe the new gmail themes rolling out are causing my rtm for gmail to disappear & not load. When opening gmail I get an error message from google stating that "Some Gmail features have failed to load." When I disable the labs feature in Gmail, the issue is resolved. Although I don't think the themes are being released by labs (?).

Just wanted to bring it to everyone's attention.

Thanks,
Brad
Posted at 9:46pm on November 19, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Brad,

Thanks for the heads up!

Google has no doubt changed Gmail's code once again for this new feature; we'll check this out.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I don't have any problem with rtm loading, it works just fine with themes and labs installed.

I did notice that my RTM now starts minimized in the sidebar when I load gmail instead of just poping out imediately
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I just noted also that RTM extension sidebar changes color according with the theme of gmail, but only for the simpler themes (i have shiny with the RTM sidebar metallic), the themes like desk and ninja don't change colors
Posted 15 years ago
brad.rosner says:
Agreed, it seems to be working now. I apologize, I may have had something funky going on with FireFox, but it works upon restart. As alexandre.jesus said, it changes color, but I'm using Mountains, and the thin bar separating my inbox and the RTM sidebar stays white, and the very corners of the RTM sidebar don't seem to change as nicely as the google labs url gadgets.

Sorry for the false alarm! /my bad
Posted 15 years ago
davehenning says:
and to add what brad.rosner said ("the thin bar separating my inbox and the RTM sidebar stays white, and the very corners of the RTM sidebar don't seem to change") also the dividers between due dates.

I know it's because they all load from rtm's server, so I'm not sure how it will be solved, but regardless, I just wanted to add info.
Posted 15 years ago
davehenning says:
kudos for the fix.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Things should be fixed for the various themes now (weird corners, white line next to the panel, etc) -- if you do notice any quirks, please let us know the theme that you're using in Gmail, and we'll check it out. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.