Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

I've lost my Google Gears RTM icon form desk

rafalj says:
How can I get RTM Google Gears Icon to my desk on Mac OS X Leopard?
Posted at 1:38pm on November 18, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi rafalj,

I think you can just remove permission for RTM with Gears by going to 'Tools' then 'Gears Settings' (or equivalent menu in your browser). Once you load RTM again, it should prompt for permission and offer the shortcut option again.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
rafalj says:
So it doesn't work. GoogleGears promped me for permission but didn't offer me shortcut option.

Rafal
Posted 15 years ago
Hi Rafal,

Ah, sorry -- I think there may be one more step. You might need to clear your cookies (or just any cookies set by rememberthemilk.com, if you don't wish to clear all cookies). It should then prompt the next time you load RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
rafalj says:
Hi Emily,

now it works. Thank You for help.

Posted 15 years ago
krysta says:
I did this (logging out of RTM, clearing from Gears, clearing RTM cookies, then logging back into RTM), and was asked if I wanted to allow RTM access to Gears, but not asked about shortcuts. Also, when I go to www.rememberthemilk.com when I'm not on a network, or when Firefox is set to work offline, I get the appropriate error message.

How do I fix? I'd like the shortcut, and I'd lurve it to work!
Posted 15 years ago
Hi krysta,

Hmm, that's weird; the only thing that I can think is to uninstall and then re-install Gears completely (as well as clear cookies again).
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.