Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Recurring Error - Wrong Date

jose.rojas says:
Hi, i am a fan of RTM, i use it from web, thunderbird and from my blackberry, all syncronized..

The issue is, today (unless i got crazy) Monday 17 of November, but in the website of RTM shows "Tuesday, 18 of November"..

Before you say to me about my timezone, here is the screenshot..

http://img227.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rtmtimezonesa8.png

It's right? I live in Caracas, Venezuela (GMT - 4:30)

And before you say that i am insane n_n

http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rmtwrongdateiw5.png

So, this is an error?

I already reported it to support team long time ago but don't get any response, even when i am a Pro user..
Posted at 2:56am on November 18, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey jose.rojas,

I see that you submitted a support request a couple of weeks back -- from looking at our system, Arvid responded to you around 20 minutes after we received your message. From your forum post, it doesn't sound like you received Arvid's response -- would it be possible to double check your spam folder in case it ended up there?

As this is an account-specific issue, it's best if we investigate this via email. If you're able to locate Arvid's response, please feel free to respond to that email and we can follow-up further on that ticket. If you can't find the email, please submit a new issue report and note that it's a continuation of ticket #198280815TA.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
jose.rojas says:
Hi emily,

You're right, Arvid responded to me 17 days ago, but the answer was so basic (check my timezone) that i was very dissapointed. For that reason, i put the question here, to see if anyone has the same error..

I hope that this issue have a short time fix :)

Anyway, i just responded to Arvid, you can check my answer?

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
jose.rojas says:
Tic tac.. tic tac.. tic tac.. the time is running, i am still waiting for the help..
Posted 15 years ago
Hi jose.rojas,

Thanks for letting me know. Arvid's suggestion was correct (it's the first step to troubleshooting any timezone-related issues); if it didn't solve the problem, we need to know so that additional troubleshooting steps can be tried. Unfortunately it's impossible for us to know that you're still experiencing the problem if we don't hear from you. :)

If I'm understanding your report correctly, one of the symptoms of your issue is that the date/time in the top right corner of RTM is incorrect (and then when you input due dates/times, it doesn't save your original input correctly).

The date/time and timezone used in the RTM web app is actually taken from your browser/OS, so it sounds like for some reason your browser/OS is supplying the wrong information.

I have a couple of questions to try and track this down:

1) Can I ask which browser and version you're using? Is it a release version or a nightly build?

2) In case this is browser-specific, do you have a different browser that you can try?

3) Would it be possible to double check that your OS is up-to-date with any timezone changes? It looks like you're running Linux; please make sure your 'tzdata' package is up-to-date.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
ezarikian says:
Hi, I have the exact same problem as Jose Rojas, I'm also in Caracas, Venezuela and my date reads exactly one day ahead, and it's driving me crazy. I also submitted a support request but I cannot find any answers in my inbox.

I'm running a Mac with OS X 10.5.5.

I've done a bit of troubleshooting on my part and this is what I've found:
+ If I open RTM on safari (3.2) or firefox (3.0.2) on OS X I get the wrong date (+24hrs)
+ If I open RTM using an emulation product such as crossover or VMWare, then the date is fine.
+ Out of curiosity, I've changed my timezone to -5 to see what happens (logging out, then back in) and I get the exact same date, regardless of my timezone change. Our timezone for Venezuela is -4:30 but I don't see the changes under settings affecting what shows up on the top of my screen.
+ My os is up to date with the latest updates and since January it knows about our timezone change.

If I may suggest it looks like the combination is Venezuelan Timezone + OS X operating system in my specific case.

Tell me if there's anything else I can tell you to help you fix the problem. I would really like to use RTM more, but the +24hr difference is killing the experience for me.

Best Regards!
Posted 15 years ago
jose.rojas says:
Hi ezarikian,

That is an excellent information because we were thinking the error was only with Firefox on Linux, but you are using Safari on OSX and are getting exactly the same error.

Changing the timezone doesn't fix the error, so.. that is driving me crazy too..

I think that the RTM support should open a ticket with this bug because all venezuelan people must be getting same error (and may be another countries)..

For now, the only fix that i found is Opera
Posted 15 years ago
sherry.schmidt says:
I am having the same problem whether I use Mozilla or Internet Explorer
Posted 15 years ago
kito99 says:
Sherry and I having this problem; I'm in the ET, she's in PT. I filed a bug report a month or two ago, but I never saw the response. I'll check to make sure it didn't end up in the spam folder. We've tried changing time zones with no luck...
Posted 15 years ago
kito99 says:
We checked, and it doesn't look like we ever got a response to the support request.
Posted 15 years ago
I think there are reports of a few different issues in this topic.

The issue reported by jose.rojas turned out to be a known bug with Firefox under Ubuntu for the Caracas timezone. Unfortunately as it's a bug with the browser itself, there's nothing that can be done in that case. :( The solution in the meantime for jose.rojas was to use Opera or another browser.

ezarikian, could you please submit an issue report with this information? We can investigate this further and run some diagnostics on your account. Thanks! :)

kito99, I'm very sorry about that; I'm following up via email. Unfortunately RTM doesn't currently support shifting timezones, which sounds like it's causing an issue here; when a due date is set in one timezone, the task will be due at the start of that day (i.e., midnight) in that timezone.

We'll be looking into providing support for shifting timezones in the future -- I apologise for any inconvenience.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.