Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

task name editing (can't get cursor working)

richstyles says:
Don't know if it's me but I find it hard to edit the task name in the RTM app. I can hold my finger over the task name and sometimes I get a magnifying glass, 99% of the time I don't, and the blue cursor never comes up.

Am I the only one with difficulty doing this?
Posted at 2:24am on November 17, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
This issue seems to affect third party apps on the iPhone in some cases -- it can help to tap directly onto the field to make the magnifying glass appear. If the magnifying glass stops appearing, a workaround for now is to exit the app and then re-open the app.

We've been looking into the possibility of a workaround -- it may be something that's improved in a future version of the iPhone OS.

Hope this helps.
Posted 15 years ago
richstyles says:
well, the funny thing is I've never had this problem with Todo and it seems to affect fields where I use multi-byte characters (CJK).
Posted 15 years ago
jhollington says:
For the record, the iPhone v2.2 update appears to have fixed this (in the sense that I haven't had the problem since updating)

Posted 15 years ago
richstyles says:
you're right, the cursor does actually move now!

The problem I now discover is you can only move it once. After that it's the same old. Is this an Apple issue though?
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.