Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Must login everytime I open a new browser

kinkeads says:
The Remember the Milk plugin for Gmail is asking me to login many many times each day. I enabled cookies for rememberthemilk.com, but that did not help.

Are other people having this problem?
Posted at 3:34pm on November 16, 2008
dave607 says:
I am.
Been having it for several weeks already.
Maybe since upgrading to Firefox 3?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi there,

Would it be possible to try the troubleshooting steps listed in our support system?

If this doesn't solve your issues, please click on "I'd like to report a new issue" on the left on that page to submit an issue report.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
abssorb says:
Yep - I get this too. It's so annoying I've not used RTM much because of it.

A Cookie exception has been set on my browser since day one. The cookie has a life of two weeks? Let me choose "forever" please.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
The problem i'm having started 3 days ago, after always working fine before.

The RTM panel shows up, but it has no tasks. If i log out and then log back in to RTM then my tasks show up. Next time i start gmail (not the browser) it again says "no tasks".

AFAIK i haven't updated FF3 or any extensions in the past 3-4 days. I have a couple of google labs themes enabled, and Better Gmail and Noscript... but i haven't changed those between when it was working and when it stopped. I'll try disabling them if i get the chance...
Posted 15 years ago
gregoe says:
I've just had it happen, too. I've added a few extensions - Better Gmail 2, Ad-Block - but the problem persists even when they are disabled.

Any updates?
Posted 15 years ago
kinkeads says:
I disabled all my Firefox extensions (except RTM) but still must login each time I close and reopen Firefox.

I also followed the troubleshooting steps.

I'll submit a trouble report.
Posted 15 years ago
pvanderlei says:
I have had this problem for weeks now, too. Help!
Posted 15 years ago
diane.curewitz says:
This just started two days ago. I'm looking forward to someone figuring out what the problem is before I either get used to logging in every time OR have to start using the new gmail task thingy, which didn't really look all that good.
Posted 15 years ago
kinkeads says:
I submitted a trouble report, but the only help I got was to follow the trouble shooting steps which enable 3rd party cookies.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/support/?ctx=gmail.keeplogin

This did not fix the problem for me.
:(

Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi kinkeads,

I replied to your query. Unfortunately you didn't reply back any more after my last message on the 20th of Dec.

Various firewall, pop-up blocking and ad blocking software, and browser plug-ins can conflict with this feature. If you use such software, we suggest adding 'www.rememberthemilk.com' and 'static.rememberthemilk.com' as exceptions to any ad blocking, script blocking, or pop-up blocking rules.

arvid
Posted 15 years ago
kinkeads says:
I'd be glad to try any other ideas you have Arvid.

I did add 'www.rememberthemilk.com' and 'static.rememberthemilk.com' as exceptions to the pop-up blocking and cookies rules.

I'm not aware of any script blocking or ad blocking software installed on either of my two PCs.

Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.