Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM Outlook folder homepage

jwillsfleming says:
Trying to setup Outlook so one of my personal folders displays RTM. I've set the folder homepage up but whenever I select the folder it shows my list for a second or so but then displays the following message:
---------------
Your account has been logged out

Remember The Milk automatically logs you out of your account when it detects that you've logged out from another browser window, or when you login to another Remember The Milk account from another browser window. This is done to protect your Remember The Milk account, and to ensure the privacy of your information.
----------------

Anyone know why I'm getting this? It means I have to login everytime I go into the folder. Would be really great to have RTM display within Outlook rather than have it open in IE alongside Outlook.

Thanks in advance!
Posted at 8:06pm on November 14, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi jwillsfleming,

Hmm, that's weird -- unfortunately I'm not too familiar with that feature in Outlook, but can't think of a reason why that would be happening. (Maybe someone else here has experience with this set up.)

I'm assuming that Outlook just uses IE within Outlook to render the folder homepage; theoretically if you were already logged in with IE, it should just use that cookie and keep you logged in.

Sorry I'm not much help. :(
Posted 15 years ago
jwillsfleming says:
Thanks Emily,

Yeah, Outlook lets you set a webpage to be the 'homepage' of a personal folder and just launches the webpage within the main Outlook pane. Got the idea from a post on one of the GTD threads (not that I can find it now!).

I've made sure that I'm not logged in with IE etc. but still no joy. It could well be a cookies issue but it's a bit baffling!

Fingers crossed someone out there has an idea!
Posted 15 years ago
darcy.sharman says:
I've had this issue when I've attempted to embed rtm in my active desktop, or, after upgrading to Vista, use the minibrowser sidebar widget to put RTM in my Vista sidebar. I get logged out every couple of minutes...doesn't matter if I've logged in with IE or not, or kept IE running or not.

I also get script errors.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.