Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Wrong Info on Website??

waleed.ahmed says:
I thought I would point out what I think is misleading info on the website regarding SMS reminders. It says that O2 in the UK is supported by RTM. I have just spoken to O2 and they say that they dont. I havent been receiving SMS reminders. I almost paid for the pro version, as I feel the iPhone app is fantastic. Shame about the O2 incompatibility...
Posted at 6:21pm on November 8, 2008
johnwin says:
Pleas search the forums - O2 does work with RTM.

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/4785/

Send 'On' to 212

Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
Oh - and be sure to pay for the pro version - worth every penny/cent
Posted 15 years ago
waleed.ahmed says:
Thanks for that info. The fact is I tried searching for "SMS reminders" on the forums but nothing came up. I made 5 long calls to O2 support and had no joy. So I had thought I had covered all ground. I stand corrected. That link had the answer. Thanks a million. Works well. Just one question though- am I paying extra to receive SMS reminders on O2, UK? Thanks in anticipation.
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
Yes you will :^(
Posted 15 years ago
waleed.ahmed says:
Really? So its not free as Google reminders? :(
Posted 15 years ago
waleed.ahmed says:
yea its not free...just checked my account..approx £1 for 10 SMS
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
No not free - must be something o2 impliment - I turned my SMS remindes off and rely on email notifications. These are better anyhow as the 140 char limitation on sms often cuts of my task text.
Posted 15 years ago
paulnstone says:
What I used to do is subscribe to my RTM iCal events feed in Google calendar, and then set the default notification for that calendar to send an SMS. Not ideal if you are often changing the times of tasks, as Google doesn't always refresh the calendar as much as you'd like, but at least you'll get SMS reminders for free.
Posted 15 years ago
johnwin says:
thanks for that paul
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.