Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Automatically Adding Locations to Tasks

shadowstorm says:
Is there any way to automatically have a location added to a task created in a specific list? For example, anything I drop into my "Work" list automatically is associated to my Work location? I've searched around, and this seems like an extremely useful option for me, so either I'm missing something or nobody else would think this is useful.

I use Quicksilver to do all my entries (and for pretty much everything), plus my iphone for checking my tasks on the go, so having to inject all my todos and then have to go into the tasks somewhere else (like a browser) and assign all their locations really detracts from me being able to just get tasks on my iphone specifically for what I need to focus on based on where I am.

Or perhaps there is another way to do this that I am missing?
Posted at 6:25am on November 8, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi shadowstorm,

This isn't currently possible, sorry. :(

However, you might be able to achieve something like this using Smart Lists.

As tasks added to Smart Lists will inherit the list's criteria (when unambiguous), you could create a new Smart List with criteria:

list:Work AND location:Work

Anything added to this Smart List would be both contained in the Work list and given this location.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
shadowstorm says:
Ah, that almost worked. So close! I should clarify that this would do exactly what I wanted, if the RTM plugin for quicksilver would display/let me put a task in smart lists (right now it only displays "true" lists to put tasks into). Although, if I do set one of the smart lists to the default list, this works perfectly. Unfortunately it just limits the perfectly working bit to one list.

Thanks for the quick response, Emily, maybe I'll get to hacking the RTM plugin for this, or ping the plugin author for a new feature request ;)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.