Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

multi-items toggle

(closed account) says:
I have a problem that as I edit one item, another item (below the screen) has a check mark and gets edited.
I wish the multi-item feature was stronger: when I choose single item mode, I must positively select which items to edit.
The current multi-item selection ("m") does not seem to do much, and the system continues to edit (due date, postpone, priority, etc.) all the items I have checked. I find I have to do an "n" frequently (for none) to limit this impact -- but letter codes are less convenient when I am using a tablet.
Posted at 3:41am on September 23, 2008
raymond.bergmark Power Poster says:
Well, there is a link just above the tasks - Mark: None
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
True enough. But I would have guessed that the "m" toggle, when in single-task mode, would mean that checking a box for one task would uncheck all others.
Otherwise, what does the "m"/multi-task toggle do?
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I continue to think that the current confusion over some actions effecting single items, some effecting multiple items, and then the separate multi-edit mode is the single largest UI failing of RTM. There are plenty of changes and additions I would like to see implemented, but in terms of enhancing the existing feature set, this is the low-hanging fruit. Anything that leads to users inadvertently completing or deleting tasks really should be fixed, even before your coding monkey whips up an iPhone application.
Posted 15 years ago
pgogineni says:
i posted this on the ideas forum:
When I first started using RTM this confused me to no end and I couldn't figure out why. I think I finally reasoned out why it just doesn't make sense to me....

When I am in single-edit mode I am still allowed to select multiple items, but the action(such as tagging) will only work on the last item selected. So i have multiple items checked but only one item actually gets changed. I think that should be changed. In single edit mode it should not allow me to check more than one item.

just my 2 cents
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.