Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

can you view the completed tasks in outlook with rtm?

zhzexi says:
I have tried "iCalendar Service (All Lists)" link and outlook said it's empty. "iCalendar Events Service (All Lists)" this link will import all events from today on and seems will sync from now on. But I was not able to see any completed tasks.

I am just thinking of backing up all the tasks. It seems RTM can allow you to back up all lists through "iCalendar Events Service (All Lists)" link but there is no good way to view the backed up data or import your backed up data back to RTM.

Any suggestions or ideas?
Posted at 6:49pm on September 9, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi zhzexi,

For a full backup (including completed tasks), you should use the 'iCalendar Service (All Lists)' link, as the 'iCalendar Events Service (All Lists)' file only includes incomplete tasks that are shown as events on a calendar.

Any software that includes support for To-Dos in iCalendar files should be able to open this file.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
zhzexi says:
I think now I understand how to work with this now. And I thought it would be good to share with everyone and you might want to consider adding this info to your help or FAQ.

"iCalendar Service (All Lists)" link will give you the file which contains all completed tasks and uncompleted tasks which are without a due date.

"iCalendar Events Service (All Lists)" link will gave you the file which contains uncompleted tasks which are with a due date.

These two files plus together will be your full task list. You can open these files with Mozilla Sunbird. Microsoft outlook will not work with the first link downloaded file.
Posted 15 years ago
zhzexi says:
and thank you emily for the help.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.