Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeating tasks ad infinitum

(closed account) says:
I have some tasks that cover more than one day, say, 9/1 - 9/8. I have entered this as due 9/1, repeat every 1 day until 9/8. However, when this event is published to my iCal via the iCal events link, it does show the task as beginning on 9/1 but never terminating (ie going beyond 9/8 forever). Is this a known bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you.
Posted at 5:28pm on August 30, 2008
arvid says:
Hi jwinston2,

what happens when you complete the tasks of 9/1? Does the infinite repeating stop?

On your RTM page, does it also show infinite repeating?

Thanks for letting me know.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
On my RTM page, it does not show infinite repeating, it shows:

Due: Thu 11 Sep 08
Repeat: every 1 day until Thu 18 Sep 08

On my ical program and 30 boxes, which are subscribed to the ical feed, though, the task begins on 9/11 but does not end on 9/18. It continues everyday forever.

If I press "complete" for the task, it is removed from the feed and delete on ical and 30 boxes.

Thanks,
Jason
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Bump
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi Jason,

always feel free to submit a support request. We can attend those quicker then working with the forum.

As soon as you complete the task on RTM, it will repeat itself, correct? So it looks to me that the iCal program you are using is not able to work with repeating tasks with an end date.

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.