Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Will reminder date be delayed too if the tasks is postponed?

monicalutes2008 says:
If I have a task that repeats "every 4 weeks", will it repeat in 4 weeks as of the date the original date or, if I postpone the task once or multiple times, will it repeat 4 weeks after the task is completed?

I'm hoping that by postponing the task, it doesn't affect the repeat date.
Posted at 4:18am on August 26, 2008
arvid says:
Hi monicalutes2008,

for this there are two different options of having your task repeat.

Repeat 'Every...'
These tasks repeat every time, whether you complete them or not.
and
Repeat 'After...'
These tasks only repeat after you've completed them.

By using this and the postpone button, you can get what you want. For more information, you can always look at the FAQ for repeating tasks

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
monicalutes2008 says:
Ok, I think you're saying that the original date the task is set to repeat remains intact regardless of how many times you postpone the task, which is what I had hoped.

But, I'm concerned because I have a task that I've set to remind me "every 1 day", I've postponed it 4 times (over 4 days), yet it has not repeated once.

This becomes a bigger issue when I think of other tasks that I've set to remind me in a month or two. Postponing does appear to affect the original repeat date.

If I'm wrong, please assist. I realize I can set my repeat dates differently to ensure they repeat, but typing "every 30 days" or something similarly vague is so nifty.
Posted 15 years ago
monicalutes2008 says:
I should mention that I do understand completely the difference between using "every" and using "after." I'm definitely using "every."

I have approx 5 tasks all set up exactly the same way to repeat "every 1 day". Only 1 of those 5 actually repeated 3 out of the 4 days. The others are not repeating.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
My experiences, using tasks that repeat using every, is that postponing one instance of them invariably messes up future occurrences. I have stopped relying on RTM for bill payment for this reason, which is a frustration to me as it's obviously a very important item.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.