Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM for Gmail not visible this morning? Anyone else?

mattsen says:
I'm wondering if Gmail rolled out new code or something; first, I noticed RTM was sluggish when I was adding items, or not responding when I attempted to change priorities on a couple of them. After clearing cache and restart earlier today, RTM simply no longer loads with Gmail. Have tried disabling skins (Gmail Redesigned), Better Gmail 2, and just about everything else I can think of in various combinations, but it appears (form what little I can tell) that the extension's not communicating with RTM and not displaying. (Relatively new user here, so I may be missing something, but the RTM FF3 add-on's been working flawlessly for me for weeks up 'til this a.m.). TIA
Posted at 2:59pm on August 25, 2008
smoonen says:
Same thing for me. In my case, it was working fine last night and earlier this morning. But in the last half hour Firefox suddenly flipped out on me -- it kept spontaneously scrolling to the bottom of every page and decreasing the font size. Restarting Firefox didn't resolve and so I logged out and back in (Windows XP). Now Firefox is fine but RTM is gone.

I'm not sure if the first problem is related to the second; I have a number of other extensions (e.g., Firebug, YSlow, HTML Validator) and other odd system settings (e.g., X-Mouse behavior enabled), so that could be the cause of the spaz attack.

But I do know that RTM for GMail is no longer working for me. Disabling/enabling the plugin, and even uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't seem to help.
Posted 15 years ago
nkohrt says:
RTM in Gmail stopped working for me this morning as well.
Posted 15 years ago
greggo says:
Same here. I don't recall it not being there this morning, but then I upgrade to Better Gmail 0.6.1 and it was definitely gone after that. Have tried deactivating Better Gmail and RTM plugins and reactivating RTM...no luck.
Posted 15 years ago
mattsen says:
Just in followup, the only evidence I see of RTM is after restarting Firefox and/or reloading Gmail, and I see "Connecting to www.rememberthemilk.com" in the status bar, but nothing beyond that.

However, it's always nice to know "it's not just me." :-) So, thanks for the confirmation; otherwise, I'd probably be going nuts trying different things along about now.
Posted 15 years ago
steven.zachary says:
same here, no access to RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
jacob.stutzman says:
I'd upgraded to Better Gmail 0.6.1 last week with no problems, and even early this morning everything was working fine. Not so much now. I tried clearing memory cache and private data and reloading, etc., but nothing gets it back.
Posted 15 years ago
ning.bao says:
Yes, I can confirm the same problem. I am running Swiftweasel on Linux. However, RTM for Gmail runs fine if I open a new profile and just install RTM extension. RTM website feels slow this morning.
Posted 15 years ago
ealexwaters says:
I can't see it either. I recently upgraded to Better Gmail 0.6.1, but I'm pretty sure RTM was working after I did so. Disabled & re-enabled RTM; it still didn't appear.
Posted 15 years ago
mattsen says:
Whoa ... my RTM sidebar in Gmail just magically reappeared just now. Not sure how stable it may be, but it's reassuring to see it pop it's cute li'l head out, anyway. We'll see how things go, I guess.
Posted 15 years ago
jacob.stutzman says:
Like mattsen, mine was suddenly back. It seems to be loading very slowly because if I refresh the page, it's not there at all for a while (30 sec. or so) and then it pops out.
Posted 15 years ago
nkohrt says:
Fixed! All is well now.
Posted 15 years ago
mitchh says:
I have this disease this morning. But I've managed to chase it down to RTM Vvs. BetterGMail's "hide invites" option (odd; there are many other things that would seem more related, but this is what I chased it down to).

That one, I can live without. Telling me I was going to have to disable macros was, well, a choice I didn't want to make (and the new agenda stuff in BGM has my interest right now too).
Posted 15 years ago
mattsen says:
RTM for Gmail and Better GMail 2's "Hide Invites" option have been playing nicely together for me all along (in fact, the only BGm2 setting I'm aware of offhand that does conflict is the one for Folders4Gmail), so I think that's a false lead (though, hey, if it works for you, more power to ya :-).

All seems well again with RTM within Gmail; it seemed to me to be more of a problem with communication with the RTM server(s), and that that has now self-corrected. At least, all seems back to normal with all prior extensions, skins, etc., fully re-enabled.

Thanks, all, for responding.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi

Just thought I'd drop something in here. RTM stopped working for me yesterday and I just clicked what happened. I enabled the "Macros" feature on Better Gmail and it stopped working, disabling "Macros" has made it all better again. Wouldn't have thought to check that if not for this post. Obviously there are elements of Better Gmail which don't play well with RTM.

Aidan
Posted 15 years ago
proggie says:
hasn't worked for a few days for me too
Posted 15 years ago
atomix says:
Still not working for me on Mac Firefox 3.0.2
Posted 15 years ago
stoweboyd says:
I am having this problem this morning 29 Sep. Status?
Posted 15 years ago
mckoz says:
Just started this am, after Firefox updated itself (September 29), and the add-ons tab popped up and showed the plugin as non-functional. Anyone else?
Posted 15 years ago
pors says:
i have this problem as well
all suggestions above dont work for me
Posted 15 years ago
pors says:
try this: http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/contact/support/?ctx=gmail.notworking.nopanel
worked for me (some upgrade disabled the rtm extension....)
Posted 15 years ago
proggie says:
i went through all the steps and they didn't help :(
Posted 15 years ago
balaji.pasumarthy says:
RTM for gmail task page and task settings tab not apprearing for me from a few moments ago.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
My RTM for Gmail stopped working a few days ago. I got it back yesterday when I uninstalled Better Gmail 2 and their Gcal Agenda, which was also behaving strangely. Now, on Oct.12, it is not working again. I have taken all the suggested steps. No luck.

I'm running Vista SP1.

Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Okay, it's back now. Probably just because I posted here. Really, went back to Gmail for the 10th time, and it loaded!
Posted 15 years ago
waltzzz says:
Mine is visible but won't refresh, it looks like yesterdays. Perhaps that is another problem?
Posted 15 years ago
waltzzz says:
Working now. Querky.

Posted 15 years ago
highplace says:
I also have this problem. Sometime it is there and other times its not. Please, please an this be sorted as it such an AMAZING extension. Thank you
Posted 15 years ago
ayutheos says:
Am having this problem too... :( Logged into RTM, but the RTM sidebar remains the same, saying I'm not logged in, that I must login to enable this feature. Have tried clearing the cache, uninstalling better gmail2, all doesn't work.

This only happens on one of the computers I use; on the other it works fine.

Both computers Windows XP, FF 3.03, Better Gmail2 extension

Posted 15 years ago
nick.kearney says:
I am having this problem today, nothing seems to work.
Posted 15 years ago
jgbrenner says:
likewise today
Posted 15 years ago
game_ender says:
I have had the problem for a few days as well, it just stopped showing up. I don't have any crazy plugins or anything that mess with gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
For anyone who experiences this issue, we'd much appreciate it if you can submit a Gmail issue report via our support system.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, try the troubleshooting steps (if any are shown), and then submit your report -- this will help us greatly in resolving Gmail issues, as your report will provide all the information that we need to investigate further.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.