Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Vodafone Netherlands - SMS Reminders

virtuozzo says:
I'm unsure whether anyone else has had the sms reminders work with this provider, they are in the network list provided on a page in the FAQ here, however it does not appear to be working.

I can't look on the server side for RMT obviously, to see whether the notifications are indeed being sent, but after several hours of wrestling in the mud with Vodafone support in the Netherlands and another hour with their tier 2 technical support it appears that RMT is not in their whitelist, but they are unsure whether it was dropped, was never on it, or is going to be dropped.

Yeah, a very confusing set of conversations it was indeed.

Either way, the SMS functionality is pretty much the forte which has my interest, so I am very curious whether anyone has had it working with Vodafone in the Netherlands in the past or currently.
Perhaps their folks are missing something, or perhaps I am.
Posted at 12:50pm on August 13, 2008
arvid says:
Hi virtuozzo,

I assume that when you send an email to the address used for mail2SMS for Vodafone that works?

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
virtuozzo says:
Nope,

it's very strange but that doesn't work either.
Posted 15 years ago
ralfvd says:
You need to activate the mail2sms functionality first. I think you have to send 'EMAIL ON' to number 125 .

My problem with this is that I receive the following message:

-=-
Email from: rememberthemilk : (no subject)

www.vodafone.nl
-=-

So, I don't see the actual 'todo'. According to Vodafone rules, the text that is send to the mobile user is the subject line. So the due task should be stated in the subject line.

Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.