Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Whole word searches

(closed account) says:
Howdy;
How would I search for "do" and not get resilts like "condo" is it possible to search for whole words only?
Posted at 10:52am on August 8, 2008
apgordon says:
I've been wondering the same. Don't have an answer for you but would also like to know if someone knows how..
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi visual.chutzpah,

Can you use this?

" " (quotes) Used to search for an exact phrase.
name:"TPS report" Tasks containing the phrase TPS report.

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Nope that doesn't work - nor does a search for "do " (note the trailing space OR " do " (leading and trailing space - I suspect the phrase is being trimmed prior to the search
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi visual.chutzpah,

It's only possible to search for whole words, sorry (we don't have anything like wildcard searches for task names).
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Emily - I think you misunderstand I WANT a whole word search, but that's not what I'm getting - example

3 tasks
1. Do the Laundy
2. Clean The Condo
3. Fix The Doorjam

http://skitch.com/visualchutzpah/u4he/remember-the-milk-visual-s-tasks-1.jpg-100-layer-1-rgb-8

I would expect that a search for 'do' would only return #1 you can see by the screenshot - it returns all three - it's clearly not searching for whole words..
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Oops, sorry -- reverse what I said!

It's not possible to search for whole words only.

Perhaps I shouldn't be responding to forum posts that close to 3am (she says at 4am... :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Do you think this is a feature that we can look forward to, it would seem to me that with the wealth of advanced serach options RTM has - that a whole word search would be a no-brainer..
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.