Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

SMS reminders not working for Virgin in Australia

zenpath says:
Hi there,
Not sure if I have set this up ok... I selected "OTHER" from the mobile list, and I have tried 61xxxxxx (i.e. dropping the first zero), and just the straight mobile as in Australia??

Any ideas what I am doing wrong??
Posted at 7:44am on August 5, 2008
ritwik.roy says:
I'm on three and i had the same problem. Can't seem to get sms reminders on my phone, and since i can't sync to outlook, this may be a deal breaker for me. I love rtm, but it needs to fit in with everything I do.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Have you tried contacting virgin? Here in the UK on the o2 network you have to text a message to a short number to enable the email-text service.

I would try giving them a call.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We're able to provide support for a mobile network if they have a free email-to-SMS feature -- do you know if the network you're using has this (it's usually something like yourphonenumber@yourprovider.com)?

Unfortunately as far as I'm aware, I don't think Australian networks currently offer email-to-SMS (although this may have changed since I last checked).

The 'Other' option for SMS reminders allows you to enter the email-to-SMS address directly (so an email address rather than a phone number).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.