Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Running RTM from 2 computers... or 3.... or 4.

black5ive says:
I travel a lot so I'm going back and forth between my desktop and my laptop with Thunderbird/Sunbird. I've set up my (WinXP)laptop and it works great, but when I tried to set up my (WinXP) desktop, it would not let me authenticate. I still have to set up my MacBook Pro.

I love everything else about RTM and I'm 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on the pro version if I can get this one thing working.

The web interface, the iPhone interface, twitter.. I love it all, but if I can't get it to work on multiple computers, it's not going to work for me.

I hope some can help. I've sent an email to support but have not received a response.
Posted at 11:48pm on July 30, 2008
black5ive says:
One more thing.... If it wasn't obvious, I meant that I am using Thunderbird with Lightning (not SUnbird) and the Remember the Milk Provider 0.0.5 plug-in by Mike Vu. (who must be a freakin' genius.... This is the greatest plug-in) I'm not sure if the problem I have is from the plug-in or RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi black5ive,

Would it be possible to report this to the developer of the extension? It shouldn't actually need to authorize a second time for the same RTM account, so I'm not too sure what's happening here.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
beccoblu says:
I already reported it, some hours ago

if someone else will report it, maybe it will be easier to see the problem addressed soon

and anyway it's a GREAT extension eheh
Posted 15 years ago
beccoblu says:
errata: in the readme file you can see

"In it's current iteration, this extension only allows RTM access from a single installation.
EG: if you install another Provider on another PC (maybe even the same PC), when you authenticate that Provider the previous one will fail to work."

my fault, i did not see that...
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.