Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Google Calendars help!

aznelementmaster says:
I've got Google Calendars to display remember the milk (the check marks and everything), but I can't seem to edit/display any events. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
Posted at 9:56pm on July 26, 2008
arvid says:
Hi,

I am not fully understanding what you mean. Can you please elaborate a bit and let me know whether you can't add any events anymore at Google Calendar etc?

Do you see the tasks created in RTM appear in you Google Calendar?
Posted 15 years ago
aznelementmaster says:
I see the tasks, but I can't add any more evens through Google Calendar. It says that I don't have the permissions (it also says this in ical, leopard).
Posted 15 years ago
aznelementmaster says:
Can anybody help plz?
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
You can't edit / add / delete tasks in iCal or Google Calendars - they are just there for viewing
Posted 15 years ago
aznelementmaster says:
Oh...., but like at their Google Calendar site!:

http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/googlecalendar/

It says that:

Features

Manage your Remember The Milk tasks within Google Calendar. Remember The Milk for Google Calendar adds a small task icon to the top of each day in Google Calendar -- click on the icon to:

* Review your tasks for the day
* Add new tasks and edit existing ones
* Easily complete and postpone tasks
* Review your overdue tasks
* Optionally show tasks with no due date
* See where your tasks are located on a map

So you should be able to edit!
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
There are two methods of bringing RTM into Gcal, and the confusion between the two is the root of some of the confusion.

The original method, which I prefer, is to subscribe to an iCal address of RTM tasks from within Gcal. Upside: you see the tasks on your calendar, and do not see little blue checkmarks on very day. Downside: no editing.
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/ and http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/icalendar/googlecalendar.rtm

The newer method is to add an RTM widget to your Gcal calendar that then serves as a view into your RTM tasks. Upside: great integration, edits are possible. Downside: stupid blue checkamrk every day no matter what and no ability to see discrete RTM tasks within your calendar and print outs, including the oh so helpful agenda.
http://www.rememberthemilk.com/services/googlecalendar/
Posted 15 years ago
aznelementmaster says:
I did that. I added the widget to GCal, I see the checkmarks, but I still can't add/edit/delete any events!

When I double click on a day, it lets me make a new event, but it doesn't let me change the calendar to RTM Calendar.

Any more suggestions please?
Posted 15 years ago
nabilalk says:
Hi, I tired what you suggested, however as of today, it seems as though it is no longer working. My RTM in google calendar has not updated all day. Any ideas? Is there an outage that I am unaware of?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi nabilalk,

Sometimes it can take a while for Google Calendar to update (a few hours or so) -- it might be worth reporting to Google Calendar if your iCalendar subscription hasn't updated after a day.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
nabilalk says:
@emily: As stated previously, I cannot add the iCal events feed to Gcal, as it produces the "could not fetch url" error. I have contaced the Gcal team, hopefully they will have a resolution.
Posted 15 years ago
robert.barnesi says:
I found this on Google Groups:

http://groups.google.com/group/google-calendar-help-bugs/browse_thread/thread/0d6ebabc8415c392?hl=en
Posted 15 years ago
nabilalk says:
@robert.barnesi: Yeah, I'm subscribed to that feed, however the Google Calendar representative has stated that the issue is resolved. Clearly that is not the case, at least not for me and a few other people on the forum.

I can't understand what has happened; I have been using RTM in my Google Calendar for almost 6 months with no hitch, and all of a sudden, one day it just stops updating and will no longer display my events. What is going on?

I can get it to work with the GCal widget that ranbarton brought up, but I don't want to see a blue checkmark everyday. No one at either RTM or GCal seems to have an answer, or a solution. Needless-to-say, I am quite frustrated.

-NKA
Posted 15 years ago
clairehorton says:
i keep getting the error adding url when i try it, i tried the add in that show the ticks but its not what i need. also tried resseting the url

I really need to be able to see my events in a calendar

is there a solution yet?

arggghhh!!!!
Posted 15 years ago
darthus says:
From reading that thread, it seems like if you Publish a list as public, it will show up in your Gcal. So you need to make a list public, go refresh your private urls, then copy the link. Go to Gcal, choose Add - By URL, and add the new private link. It should bring over all your tasks (it did for me).

Now, 2 problems:

1) I don't want my inbox tasks to be totally public, that's pretty dangerous.

2) I'm not sure if it actually updates or not. Some people in the thread have gotten it working but have had problems with it actually updating.
Posted 15 years ago
lumsmore says:
Why is this so hard? :-) Here are the steps that I'm doing with no luck at all..
- Settings, General Public Addresses ON
- Go to 'MY' list, click on Publish tab, select 'Make List Public'
- Click on 'List' tab, right mouse click on 'iCal (Events), select copy link location
- Goto my gCal, add calendar by URL, paste in the URL from prev step. This URL is very long
- nothing shows up in gCal (I have an entry for this Friday)

- a while later (more than 5 min, less than an hour) I get a message popup from gCal saying can't be accessed.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.