Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Getting started with Gmail, RTM, and GTD

(closed account) says:
Okay so I have my Gmail account set up and my RTM account set up and it is working fine and I understand how it is working.

I'm using the @Action, @Respond, and @Waiting Labels.

I also have enabled create a task from starred items.

Does this mean that I should just get rid of the @Action label?

I mean, If I label something as actionable, and I intend to create an action, wouldn't it be easier to just star it and have a task created instead of labeling it @Action, creating the task, then removing the label when done?

One other question. I have about 4 other labels and think I will have maybe 10 others total, does that mean I am bad in GTD?

I save all the emails from the tenants I have in 2 apartments and label it with the apt address and I also save all the emails with the people who bought my house last year because there was some litigation going on. I cannot get myself to just archive those with no other labels. I guess partly because I forwarded them from my old email system so there is not such a handy subject line, and lots of re: re: re: stuff. These 2 items are so important that I don't want to lose track of them, I know then I'll probably find 5 then 10 then 15 things like that and my filing system disappears.

Should I just download them and save them as hard copies and get them out of my email flow?

So far I'm loving this system and look forward to all your ideas.
Posted at 7:39am on July 19, 2008
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.