Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Is there a task creation syntax?

harpstein says:
I've searched the FAQ and don't want to pay for the Pro account until I've had a few days to try out RTM, so no email support from RTM.

I come from Todoist, and one of the cool things they allow is keywords in the task name that get translated into properties. eg. "Do the dishes !p1 @home" will create a task for doing the dishes, mark it priority 2 and tag it w/ home. I've reviewed the keyboard shortcuts, but it doesn't seem like RTM supports this kind of syntax in the task entry field.

Do I really have to: enter the task, press Enter, press 2, press s, type home?

Oh, and is there a way to set it so that 'i' selects the current task AND unselects the previously selected? I'm not liking having to press n then i just to select a different task...

Thanks for any help, it's greatly appreciated. I really want the SmartList functionality in RTM, which is why i'm considering moving from Todoist...
Posted at 10:08pm on July 1, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
It's not currently possible to enter multiple properties like this in one field, sorry. You'd need to use the keyboard shortcuts to jump between fields.

(Right now it's a bit inconsistent as some of interfaces such as RTM for Gmail do allow you to specify due dates along with the task name.)

There isn't a way to deselect the previously selected tasks (without using 'n'), sorry. :(

By the way, Help by Email is available to all users, but Pro users do receive priority.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.