Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Time Zones

pjpw says:
This is more a query for clarification however it was going to be a support request until I read the information required to be submitted with a support request which prompted me to check an installed extension.

WHAT HAPPENED
I had just realised that my displayed Google RTM calendar time zone is incorrect and tasks are not displaying on the correct day for my time zone. My computer system, Google calendar and RTM time zone settings were and are set correctly to GMT + 10:00. I have removed and reinstalled the RTM calendar a number of times and it does not change anything. I cannot manually select the correct time zone when I access the settings for my RTM calendar as the time zone setting is preset to GMT -8:00 and the time zone is fixed and not in a drop down list.

I experimented with adding other Australian calendars in particular an Australian holidays calendar and this had a pre fixed time zone setting for Perth which again could not be changed. I located and tried an alternative Australian holidays calendar and the time zone in this was also fixed but to GMT -8:00 and could not be changed. Both these calendars appear to work correctly however.

When a calendar is added to Google there is no option to select a time zone for it at the time it is added. It is simply added and appears to bring its own time zone with it.

I also have two other calendars installed in Google. These are a NSW public holidays calendar and a NSW school dates calendar. Both these also have their time zones fixed and unchangeable however both correctly show GMT +10:00.

ACTION
I checked my Firefox extensions and remembered that I did not seem to have a problem before I installed the last extension which was a Faviconize Tabs extension. I uninstalled this & restarted FF (v3) and all is now well.

QUERY
The thing that intrigues me is that my RTM calendar settings in Google are still fixed to GMT -8:00 and cannot be changed however my tasks are now showing on the correct dates for my time zone.

Peter Wills
Posted at 12:30am on June 30, 2008
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.