Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Priorities in Gmail

(closed account) says:
Wasn't sure whether to post this here or in "Ideas." Apologies if it should move.

I really need a way to set priorities right within RTM Gmail. Right now, when a task is added it's sorted alphabetically which is inefficient as soon as there's more than 3 or 4 tasks to see at one time.

In order to get the tasks to appear in some semblance of priority order, I have to either go to the Netvibes widget or the original RTM page to set the priority. Please consider an update to the RTM extension that allows for setting task priorities.

Bonus points for custom ordering through drag & drop. :-)
Posted at 11:59am on June 24, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey Judi,

You can actually change the priority for a task in Gmail (sorry it's a little hidden!).

If you move the mouse over the task to show the task details box, in the top left corner of the box (underneath the "Complete" button), you'll see a coloured ball that indicates priority -- click on this ball, and you can select another priority colour. :)

If it's not working, please let me know.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Duh! Emily, I've been using the Gmail extension for how many months? and I never noticed that I could change the priority there. I saw that indicated the priority but never bothered to move my mouse over it. Thanks for the reply (and for the separate forum). :-)
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
No problem (and again, I'm sorry it was so hidden... we should really work on making that easier to see!).
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.