Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Repeat events not showing in google Calendar

mroyle says:
This is my first experience with RTM. I THINK I have a task set up correctly to repeat, but I don't see it on those future days in my google calendar. RTM is connected ok to google calendar...I can see the icon, can click it and see the task list for the day. What is it I might be doing wrong?
Posted at 9:57pm on June 23, 2008
jhabel says:
I ran into this same problem. I had a task setup to repeat every week for 4 weeks and I scratched my head as to why I could only see it for week 1. The way RTM works is that it won't show up in week 2 until the task is completed in week 1, then week 3 will appear when it is completed during week 2, and so on.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
If it's an 'every' repeating task (e.g., 'every week'), it should be showing up on Google Calendar for future weeks, and I think Google Calendar used to show it like this.

We're going to check this out -- I'm not sure why it wouldn't be showing in the future.
Posted 15 years ago
suzebutch says:
Hi - as this been checked out as yet? I have daily things like - write in journal, go for run etc which I would like to come up on my google calendar, but at the moment they don't.....
Posted 15 years ago
jenny.whitney says:
Hello, I am also looking to have repeated tasks (every day, every week) show up without having to complete previous ones. Any update?

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
arvid says:
Hi Jenny,

a re-occurring task will only show as soon as the previous task has been completed. This is the way how it works and there is unfortunately no setting in RTM to change this. It will also not show up in Google Calendar as the iCal-file is only updated once the original task is completed.

Regards,

Arvid
Posted 15 years ago
jenny.whitney says:
Thanks, Arvid. I had noticed this, but I think it's a limitation. I would love to look at a random day in the future and know everything I have due that day--before making other commitments. Because the repeating tasks don't show up, though, it would look like I don't have anything due.

Emily in a PP said she thought this wasn't the way it was supposed to work and was going to check into it. I really hope this is something RTM changes.
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
I'm curious if Emily has any followups to her comments here on 7/7.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Also interested in this feature. Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.