Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

SMS reminder on O2 (UK)

philinbrasil says:
Hi
I have tried setting up test reminders for email and sms (my mobile network is listed as supported, O2). The email reminder works perfectly, but I don't receive an sms. I checked with O2 and my account is definitely enabled for email to txt. Any suggestions!?
Posted at 4:01pm on June 21, 2008
(closed account) says:
I have exactly the same issue - any advice appreciated.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
philinbrasil & brotherlemski,

We've checked into this and it seems like O2 are accepting our reminders -- would it be possible to submit a reminder issue report, and we can check this out?

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi - I submitted a reminder issue report and I haven't heard anything. Still not getting SMS reminders from 02 in the UK, nor from Twitter for that matter... :-( Any chance of looking into it?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi brotherlemski,

Sorry for the delay -- our engineer has investigated this further and I've just followed up with you via email.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
john.mulholland says:
+1 here :)
Posted 15 years ago
toochterman says:
hi there, i'm on o2 in the uk and i have exactly the same problem. I receive email reminders, but no SMS reminders to my 02 number.

However, what is really really bizarre is that i thought i would see if i could get reminders on my girlfriends vodafone mobile and it worked perfectly (even though they are not currently listed as being operational on your website for the UK).
As such, it does seem that there is something very unusual happening with O2 UK.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Send an SMS saying "ON" to phone number 212.

This will enable the service. It works fine for me :)
Posted 15 years ago
toochterman says:
Hi,
just wanted to say thanks for the advice.
I sent "On" to 212 and the reminders have now started coming through.

cheers,
m.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.