Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Bettergmail + Firefox 3 + RTM = conflict!

fatordigital says:
Hello! This is just to help who is getting problems to make RTM work with Firefox 3. If you have Better Gmail 2 installed, just disable him! Have a big conflict here...

And a little question... The RTM team are working to solve this? In home I installed Firefox 3 and disable Better gmail.... but in my office, I will not install firefox 3.... I really enjoy Better Gmail extension.... And need them like I need the RTM plugin!

Sorry for the bad english!

And keep up the good work!
Posted at 1:56am on June 20, 2008
(closed account) says:
The parts of BetterGmail that seem to conflict are:
- Macros
- Macros Modified
- Show Message Details

If you just disable those three, I think it should work fine.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm using Better Gmail 2 without any problems, although I don't have the Macros or Show Message Details options enabled.
Posted 15 years ago
fatordigital says:
burkelibbey, I try to disable all of that options, and RTM still not working with betterGmail installed...
Posted 15 years ago
plasticbag says:
after disabling those, everything worked fine together again,

thank you for the tip,
philipp
Posted 15 years ago
adrea.lawrence says:
I've disabled all three of those, and rtm is still not working in gmail. could this also be a mac ox issue?
Posted 15 years ago
banzai says:
Afraid I'm encountering the same issues (OS X 10.5.3, FF 3), and it seems especially unwilling to play nicely with Google Apps (it sometimes works with Gmail, but almost never with Google Apps). Not fun.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have FF3+better gmail+rtm, I've disabled those three items, but I still have problems. It's sporadic, seems to double the inbox, make it "jump", RTM will disappear, then after a reload it appears, etc. Very strange.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
^ Forgot to mention that I'm running Vista 64-bit
Posted 15 years ago
o.nguyen says:
The new version the RTM for Gmail did not fix anything for me.
(FF3 + Better Gmail 2 + Mac OS 10.4.11)
Posted 15 years ago
phugel says:
Using FF 3 and RTM 1.0.2. Uninstalled Better Gmail. Tasks appears in my setting for Gmail but nothing on right side of screen when viewing inbox. Looks like it flashed on for a second when gmail loaded then went away
Posted 15 years ago
jmstandish says:
RTM is still not working on FF3 for me... have tried everything.
Posted 15 years ago
andyechang says:
how do you disable those things?
Posted 15 years ago
lane.lester says:
My RTM/Gmail stopped working after an update to the RTM addon. I just disabled BetterGmail, and the RTM addon is working again.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've never got this working properly. The tasks section shows in the settings and I get the task list on the right hand side but I can't create a task by starring an item and the option to create a task does not show in the dropdown.

Gutted cos it's this feature that would really make this a killer app for me.

I'm using FF3 and i've disabled Better GMail.
Posted 15 years ago
thespeedofjoy says:
not working here either - without bettergmail installed. Using Firefox 3.0.1 and os x 10.5.3
Posted 15 years ago
hogenesch says:
I got mine working. Went to cookies, erased RTM, and with cookies enabled re-started. Works fine with latest FF, Better Gmail2, RTM.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I downloaded bettergmail2, put in the redesigned skin (which really looks good, darn!), RTM shows on the right, but when you scroll over it, no details. So bye bye not better gmail.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.