Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

could not fetch url-- google calender

ruby.linhan says:
argghh! so I followed the instructions for getting my tasks displayed on google calendar: I hovered over the link for iCal feeds and copied that address; I pasted the address into the box for add calender by url; i clicked 'add' and got the message "could not fetch url". what's going on?

I followed those steps twice and got the same results-- any ideas about how I can do this correctly?

thanks
Posted at 3:21am on June 19, 2008
zaithottakath says:
I tried and I tried and I ended up with the same results as you. I followed the directions correctly and it wouldn't work right. I'm not really sure if its a problem with gcal or rtm because I tried to open the webcal link in 30boxes and also in some random test calendar by mozilla and it gave me the error that there was no data at this url, this of course signifies a problem with rtm. But after clicking it for I dont know... about 30 minutes the calendar started to show on both clients but still no luck in gcal. I also kept getting a strange problem with the settings, I would change it to public addresses and it would randomly change back to private, after changing it a few times it finally stuck. With all this said I hope someone can help us out.

Thanks.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We have some troubleshooting steps for iCalendar subscriptions, and you're welcome to submit an iCalendar issue report via that link (we'd need some more info from you in order to investigate this; it's difficult to diagnose these issues on the forum, sorry).

If you've followed the steps though, and you're receiving errors on the Google Calendar side, unfortunately that's most likely a problem on their end that you would need to report to them.

It may be worth waiting a little while and trying the subscription again (as sometimes it may work if you try again later). It does sometimes take a while for new subscriptions, but if the iCalendar subscription doesn't work after a while, it would be worth reporting to Google Calendar.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.