Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Initial load of RTM page in Safari 3 slow

ralfvd says:
If I load up the RTM page in Safari (3.1.1) , the initial load takes over a minute. Most of the times, it just seems to hang. The progress bar is around 50 % at that time. After that, response is swift and fast.

On my Windows PC, I don't have this problem. I am using Google Gears on that machine, so that might cache something.

It is a bit annoying to wait for over a minute to quickly add a ToDo or to check my list of 'quick to resolve items' if I have a couple of minutes to spare.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks,

Ralf
Posted at 10:26pm on June 16, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hey ralfvd,

Hmm, that's pretty weird (Safari 3 is usually one of the fastest browsers with RTM).

Is there any chance that you'd be able to try it out in Firefox on that same machine? This might help determine if it was Safari specifically, or something else happening with that machine/connection.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
ralfvd says:
Hello Emily,

I tried with the new Firefox 3 , and that was a lot faster. I also checked on another machine with Safari 3 ( on the same network connection ), and that one is just as slow .

Any ideas how to troubleshoot this any further?

Regards,

Ralf
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.