Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Undo Last Action - priorities, multi-edit safeguards

jaedi says:
It seems that the "Undo Last Action" cannot undo setting the priority of a task.

It is far too easy to select all and change the priority of all the tasks in the current list. I fell victim to this. Somehow I changed the priority of everything. I believe it was because while typing the task name, I had not properly selected the name field. Therefore, all the letters I was typing became shortcuts.

Of course, I noticed that the name was not being entered, but not before typing a few keys. What I did not notice, was that all the tasks had been selected (I must have typed the letter 'a'). The next action was to enter the date. Of course, when typing the numbers of the date, I changed the priorities of all the tasks. "Undo last action" did not undo this.

Yes, I did it too quickly, however, people will tend to do this if they use RTM regularly and want to follow the principle of spending less time on the lists and more time actually doing the tasks!

I have three requests -

1. Please enable undo for priorities

2. It would help to also give a hint as to what type of undo is next. Currently, there is no way of knowing what "Undo last action" will actually undo. The confirmation after undoing should also be more descriptive.

3. Please create some kind of safeguard for applying changes to multiple tasks (with or without multi-edit mode - you do not need multi-edit mode on to change all the priorities).
Posted at 10:35am on June 14, 2008
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.