Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Postpone task not working

kjlloydie says:
Hey, I've seen a couple of posts on this a while back (like several months) but nothing recent. However, I've been noticing this bug over the past few days, in both FF2 and Safari3 (on the same Mac).

When I click on the Postpone button the task selected is postponed by 24 hours as expected. However, if I then move from one list to another and then back again, the original due date is displayed. It's like the postpone button isn't saving the new due date, just updating the UI.

If you need any more info, just shout.
Posted at 4:02pm on June 11, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi kjlloydie,

Would it be possible to double check to make sure that your timezone setting in RTM matches your system timezone on any computers where you use the site? It's also important to check the location of the timezone to make sure that they match. Any mismatches can cause issues with postponing.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
neelroy says:
Hi Emily,

I'm having the same issue, and my timezone is the same everywhere.

Any suggestions on what to do next?

Thanks,

Neel.
Posted 15 years ago
Hey Neel,

If you haven't done so already, would it be possible to submit an issue report about this? I can get an engineer to check this out.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
kwil says:
I am also having that problem, just FYI. Could you post a followup on when this gets fixed, please? Thanks a lot!
Posted 15 years ago
twilbur says:
Another observation here, I've seen this over the last couple weeks off and on. To my knowledge it happens every time with postpone. simply changing the due date of a task works fine.

I for one do operate RTM on different timezone'd computers... my home (and thus RTM account) is in US Central, but I work (and thus work computer) is in US Pacific. If mismatched time zones is a no-no for postpone, I'll just avoid that feature.

Let me know if you need more debugging / repro steps.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I have the postpone issue, sometimes, like I had this morning, but now it is working again.

One issue may be that my Firefox is running for quite some time, although I usually reload when I come back, so it will load changes made from other computers or services. I've also seen Postpone not work on my work PC, which is running IE7, again in the morning.

Another issue may be the timezone. RTM prefs displays "(GMT+1) Europe/Berlin", but actually we have DST effective in Germany. Mathematically that'd make it GMT+2, but my region isn't listed as such.

Should "postpone" work with my particular timezone setting as is?
Posted 15 years ago
michael.cohen says:
I can confirm I am also having this issue, postpone works on the task when I am on the task list page, but if I navigate away and come back the original due date is set again (though it does show the task has been postponed several times).
Posted 15 years ago
For anyone experiencing postpone issues, would it be possible to double check to make sure that your timezone setting in RTM matches your system timezone on any computers where you use the site? It's also important to check the location of the timezone to make sure that they match. Any mismatches can cause issues with postponing. (We automatically handle daylight savings changes; the important thing is to make sure that the location of your timezone matches.)

If you still experience problems, please submit an issue report about this. If you happen to be using any third party applications with RTM, please let us know this too (we're investigating whether a particular issue with due dates/times may be coming from a third party app.)

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
hhollick says:
I am experiencing the same problem with postponing. When I postpone a task, switch to another list, then switch back, the postpone has been undone.

The time zone of my computer matches my settings in RTM. I recently gave Jott and Todo API access to my account. Could they be the culprits?

Posted 15 years ago
Appigo Todo does unfortunately have a known issue that will result in tasks not postponing correctly in RTM after they've been modified in the Todo app -- the Appigo folks are fixing this in their next release.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.