Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Trouble accessing RTM after Google Gears install

sbloewen says:
I can log into RTM just fine, then it asks to install gears, which I allow. (Really like the gears feature - very handy!) At some point when I try to access RTM again, I get a page with the cow, the search box, and my username, the gears "synchronizing" icon, and Welcome/Initializing... in the upper right-hand corner. That's as far as it ever gets. If I log in with https it will work for a while, then both will experience the same problem. (I generally leave my browser open all the time, and only restart when necessary, so I don't know if this happens immediately after using gears, or if it works for a while.)

I cleared all my private data and it still didn't work. I noticed that whenever I tried to go to www.rememberthemilk.com home page, it redirected me toward my account home page. Because I had just cleared all my private data, I figured this was a gears thing. I disabled gears for RTM and tried again and everything worked fine.

This is somewhat annoying, especially if you made a bunch of changes offline and forgot to sync when you got back home. Anything I can do?

I am using Firefox 2 on a Mac.
Posted at 2:36am on June 11, 2008
cintra says:
That sounds very much like the problem I had for months, search here for Gears.

I must have installed Gears when it first came out, before RTM, and there were a few old files that weren't getting removed by un-installing Gears! I found them with a simple search app called EasyFind, removed them to a temp folder, restarted, reinstalled Gears, and all was well..

You might have something similar.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.