Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

RTM disappearing in Gmail

christine.prefontaine says:
My RTM has disappeared in Gmail.

- Using most recent version of both RTM and Gmail
- Language set to US English
- Tried install/uninstall, activate/disable (worked once but now can not get it to show up at all)
- Not just collapsed
- Cannot see in settings
- Add-ons box indicates installed and active

Any ideas?

Also the starring of emails showing up as a task automatically has never worked for me
Posted at 6:41pm on June 6, 2008
david.scatigna says:
+1 :(

--
Bye,
Dave
Posted 15 years ago
liza says:
".........Also the starring of emails showing up as a task automatically has never worked for me....." me neither, although I've not yet lost the view of my RTM tasks. Something to look forward to it would seem!
Posted 15 years ago
jkatinger says:
Me too...however mine is even stranger....if I go login to a different Gmail account it works. It's something isolated to one particular account...which happens to be my primary...and I'm totally addicted to the RTM task bar....killing me. Please help.
Posted 15 years ago
xlx says:
me 5!
gmail no longer feels the same without RTM, and i badly want to get back to organized with the pile of todos.

thank you!!
Posted 15 years ago
jkatinger says:
Can anyone else verify that it's a gmail wide issue, or just a particular gmail account as I describe above? Maybe there's something displaying in my inbox that is screwing something up?

Also - I downloaded FF 3 Beta, and the RTM is now back in my primary inbox. All very very strange.
Posted 15 years ago
janet.jansen says:
I have the same problem with RTM not working in my primary Gmail account, but showing up fine in my kids' accounts. I tried uninstalling all add-ons and re-installing RTM to no effect. This started earlier in the week.
Posted 15 years ago
rob.grayson says:
Same issue. I have changed nothing since yesterday, but the RTM add-on keeps logging me out today. What gives?
Posted 15 years ago
pwolchak says:
Yep, I have no RTM task window in Gmail either (no little arrow at all).
Peter
Posted 15 years ago
pwolchak says:
I also have no Tasks tabs in the Settings screen.

Windows XP, Firefox 2.0.0.14, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the RTM for GMail add-on.

I can live without the Create Task pulldown but I do not want to work without the task pane.

Help.

Peter
Posted 15 years ago
pwolchak says:
But the task pane is there on my Linux laptop.

Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04, Firefox 3 beta 5

(The Create Task dropdown is still MIA.)

Peter
Posted 15 years ago
aajax says:
Not having a problem in Gmail, but I'm having tasks and lists disappear in RTM itself, along with script execution messages. Don't know if there is a common cause.

Same happened a few week ago and I got no response to my email for help. I hope I get something this time. If not, I'm afraid I will have to abandon this program until they finish with the beta version.
Posted 15 years ago
pwolchak says:
The task pane is back, on both my Linux and Windows boxes.
Peter
Posted 15 years ago
mihai.anca says:
The task pane is not showing for me either.
I am using the latest RTM with Firefox 3 from Ubuntu Hardy Heron ( I think it's FF3 rc1).

With my google apps gmail account it works (on the same browser).
Posted 15 years ago
janet.jansen says:
Task pane is back for me today. Thank goodness (although now I have no excuse not to get things checked off :).
Posted 15 years ago
fcoury says:
Unfortunately I just joined the club: mine has just disappeared. Anyone had any feedback on this?
Posted 15 years ago
dfm says:
Are you seeing RTM in GMail, but there's just no tasks showing? That's what I get frequently. I find that logging out of RTM (from GMail) and then logging back in again (again from GMail) seems to cure it every time. It's a nuisance, though.
Posted 15 years ago
mindofmiller says:
RTM not showing up in g-mail either. Tried restarting, uninstalling and disabling. no luck
Posted 15 years ago
mindofmiller says:
just download the new beta version of firefox. fixed the issue :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
RTM disappeared today from my primary account but works in alternate Gmail account. Perhaps Google changed something, as GTDInbox (another great FF extension) started acting wonky today as well...
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Google rolled out a new version of Gmail's code, and we've now updated (once again!) to use the new code. (You may need to clear your cache and restart your browser if reloading Gmail doesn't fix it.)

If you continue to experience problems, we'd much appreciate it if you can submit a Gmail issue report via our new support system.

Please select the issue that you're experiencing from the list on the left, try the troubleshooting steps (if any are shown), and then submit your report -- this will help us greatly in resolving Gmail issues, as your report will provide all the information that we need to investigate further.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.