Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

End of Month repeats

mlindquist says:
Is there currently any way to have a task repeat on the end of every month? I'd like to make a list that keeps track of the regular banking activity (paycheques & such), and the paycheque is of the "15th and last day of the month, or preceding Friday if it falls on the weekend" repetition format. I'd be ok with simplifying it down to 15th & last day of the month, or (next choice) creating two tasks in the list (one for the 15th and one for the last day), but I can't get it to reliably repeat on the last day of the month.

Next question would be: when would 'monthly' tasks repeat? In the pursuit of the above, I tried setting a 'due by' date and setting the repeat to 'monthly', but it didn't seem to repeat at all...

Thoughts/Ideas?

Martin.
Posted at 11:33pm on June 5, 2008
landon.springer says:
I would recommend either "after one month on the 1st" or "after one month on the 28th"

I'm not sure there's a keyword for the last day of the month...

(You might try "after month on the last Friday", but I don't really want to sit here for a few weeks to see if it works...)

You might have to duplicate the task and have one for the 15th, and the other for the last day of the month.
Posted 15 years ago
jimmyvan87 says:
"end of month" works for the last day of the month, whether it's the 28th, 29th, 30th or 31st.

Does anyone know how to do last business day of the month still?
Posted 14 years ago
scottiec says:
I went over this awhile ago. THERE IS NO END OF THE MONTH TASK REPEAT! It was such a headache that I took the extra 10 minutes and made end of the month tasks for each month of the year and then made an end of the year task to remind me to do it all over again in January for 2010. Sorry, but that seems to be the only option!
Posted 14 years ago
andrewski (Remember The Milk) says:
scottiec, you're right. This issue is on our list to fix.

In the meantime, another workaround: you could use "every month on the 28th" (since every month has at least 28 days) or "every month on the last Friday". Not sure it will work for what you need to capture, but those may be useful for now.

With your method, you could also set the Repeat to "every year" so it automatically recreates itself.
Posted 14 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.