Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

m.rememberthemilk.com From Verizon Wireless/LG Phones

solinas says:
Hi. Can anyone with an LG log in to this site? I can reach the login page with no problem, but when I try to log in, I always get a message:

Security Error: The server certificate does not belong to this server.

The only help heresays to try "https" instead of "http", but that doesn't help.

I've tried this on an 8300, 8350, and an env2. I've tried it with my own WAP gateway (nowWAP), the HoTTProxy gateway, and Verizon's paid WAP gateway.

Thanks in advance.

Posted at 12:57pm on June 3, 2008
strict9 says:
I am having this problem as well on my 8300. I haven't used mobile RTM in awhile, but I don't recall having a problem with it in the past.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
We're using a Cybertrust SSL certificate (which is very widely supported on mobile phones).

Unfortunately it seems that particular versions of the Openwave browser (6.2.3.2 and some others) have a bug that prevents them from recognizing this certificate, even though they claim support for it.

We're currently looking into this to see if there's a work around for this browser.
Posted 15 years ago
natp12 says:
thanks for the reply....I'm having the same problem on verizon and would love a fix. love the product.
Posted 15 years ago
solinas says:
Let's see ... Verizon + Alltel = 73 million customers. Yeah, I'd imagine that they'd want to fix this quickly ;-)
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Just wanted to update that we're still looking into this.

We're mystified as to why Verizon is using a browser version that doesn't appear to support their own SSL certificates (Verizon owns Cybertrust, who issued the certificate).
Posted 15 years ago
solinas says:
> Just wanted to update that we're still looking into this.

Excellent -- thanks!

> We're mystified as to why Verizon is using a browser version
> that doesn't appear to support their own SSL certificates
> (Verizon owns Cybertrust, who issued the certificate).

Clearly you're not a Verizon subscriber. *Everything* that Verizon does is mystifying ;-)

Tried accessing RTM from my Palm E2. The built-in Blazer web browser handled the mobile site just fine, but a WAP browser called Universe couldn't handle the SSL.

Would you consider creating a non-SSL mobile URL? That would be easier than trying to support every mobile browser and every WAP gateway. And it would be a nice backup in case the SSL certs expire or something.

Posted 15 years ago
wernst says:
FWIW, my Treo 650, using the Verizon data network, is able to use m.rememberthemilk.com just fine.

-Warr
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.