Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Emailing tasks - not picking up due dates etc.

scott.davies says:
Hi,

I'm emailing tasks but the bits in the body to show priority/due date etc. get ignored and just added to the notes.

I've followed this http://www.rememberthemilk.com/help/answers/sending/emailinbox.rtm

I look at my sent message and it has this in the body:

D: 1st Sept
P: 1
-end-

yet they go straight to the notes.
Any ideas?
Posted at 10:47am on June 3, 2008
kidbrax says:
I have the same issue. I have tried to set the subject several times and it never works. I have tried it with and without spaces, with upper and lowercase and it still doesn't work. I followed the same guide you did.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
That's strange, I tried it with 1st Sept and 1st September and got it to come over O.K. using the full descriptor of "Due:"

Do you think it voulf be the short descriptor of "D:" that causes the issue?

The body of the e-mail was as follows (I use Outlook and a "Signature" template with all of the RTM fields, I just filled out the Due Date):
#1 example

Priority:

Due: 1st Sept

Repeat:

Estimate:

Tags:

URL:

List:

---
[Notes go here]

---

-end-

#2 Example

Priority:

Due: 1st September

Repeat:

Estimate:

Tags:

URL:

List:

---
[Notes go here]

---

-end-

Posted 15 years ago
giles.thurston says:
I have exactly the same problem.

The issue appears to be with using shortcuts within the body such as "D: today at 10am". When use the full tags such as "Due: today at 10am" it works perfectly.

Something to add to the bug list possibly?
Posted 15 years ago
giles.thurston says:
OK a bit more investigation has got to the bottom of this.

If you are using something like a Blackberry, remember that it automatically adds a signature to every email it sends, even though you don't see it on the screen. This appears to be c what was causing my problems.

If you ensure you add -end- at the end of the body of your email this should solve the problem and will mean that the shortcuts such as d: for due work :)
Posted 15 years ago
dembo says:
I think this should be going straight to the FAQ.

I had the same issue (task properties ignored when sending tasks by email and using shortcuts).

Thanks for sorting things out!

BTW an almost "classic" fix for the RTM team would be to parse the pre-HTML signature seperator (i.e. "-- ") as a message terminator.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.