Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Latest RTM update causes load problems in Firefox

jack.wangdu says:
The latest update of RTM appears to be responsible for problems I am having with RTM in Firefox 2.0.0.14. After clearing cache and all RTM cookies, the behavior persists. After login, Firefox gets stuck in a loop connecting to the static.rememberthemilk.com server. The status bar reports "waiting for static.rememberthemilk.com" and "connecting to www.rememberthemilk.com" in rapid alternation. RTM never fully loads, so it is impossible to click thru to the tasks page, etc.

In Firefox Cookie exceptions all RTM cookies are allowed.

I have g-gears loaded to allow RTM offline use.

This behavior does not occur in IE 7 (which I am using to write this). I prefer firefox.
Posted at 8:37am on May 21, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Jack,

Hmm, it may be worth trying Firefox in safe mode and see if this resolves the issue (more details on safe mode are available here). Safe mode will run Firefox without extensions and third-party software that may be interfering with RTM (and will also disable Google Gears, just in case that's causing an issue).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
jack.wangdu says:
The culprit was the Skype Add-on. Confirmed by disabling. Fortunately not an add-on that i use much (though i use skype a lot). perhaps the issue will get worked out at some point.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Jack, thanks for letting us know -- we'll have to check this out.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.