Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Weird bug with Blackberry, possibly with MilkSync?

kraftbj says:
I downloaded 1.0.5 of MilkSync for BlackBerry to test it out before going pro, and I noticed a weird problem with my BlackBerry Pearl.

When in any part of the phone that deals with the Address Book, the phone's SureType features and auto-search features went out the window. For example, when looking for "Mrs. Amber Smith" I would type "Amb" and no results would be returned.

In some cases, typing to type "Fisch" would leave the first letter as D and ignoring anything with an F (the Pearl shares D and F keys).

I was completely confused on this with no idea the cause. I upgraded to MilkSync 10.0.6.

Without consideration of my problem, I decided to uninstall MilkSync (it worked great and no problems with it, I plan on upgrading to Pro later this summer and wanted to uninstall it before the trial period ended). As soon as the phone restarted after completing the uninstall, all of my address book bugs were resolved.

I have no idea if there is anything with MilkSync that would have caused this, but it was the only variable to change on my phone between having the problem and not having the problem.

Weird! Anyone else have a similar issue?
Posted at 5:28am on May 21, 2008
jemerick says:
I haven't had any issues but your BlackBerry could have just needed a reboot to fix the issue which happened when you uninstalled MilkSync.

When experiencing any odd issues with the BlackBerry, one of the first things I try to resolve the issue is a battery pull to reboot the BlackBerry. That tends to fix a lot of things.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hmm, that's weird -- MilkSync is fairly restricted and wouldn't have access to that part of the BlackBerry's functionality, so it was probably just a coincidence that it fixed with a reboot. We'll keep it in mind in case anyone else has similar issues though -- thanks for letting us know!
Posted 15 years ago
kraftbj says:
Yeah, I really wasn't sure how it would be related to MilkSync. The device has been rebooted fully (via battery pull... is there a better way to do it than that?) a few times during while I having the problem.

I probably should have done this before posting, but I re-downloaded MilkSync to see if the issue reoccurs. Of course, the issue did not reappear.

I was in too much need of sleep to be allowed to post to help forums...

Thanks!
Brandon
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.