Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

emails to inbox not working

dtreweek says:
Have sent myself several tasks today and they've not come through yet and it's been a few hours.

Sure this is just a temporary hiccup but can someone have a look?
Posted at 2:02pm on May 5, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
There was a temporary delay, but it should now be fixed -- please let us know if you continue to experience problems.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
dtreweek says:
that's working again now. Marvelous
Posted 15 years ago
dtreweek says:
whoops scratch that it's stopped working again. Maybe it's just cos it's a bank holiday.

Will leave my tasks alone for now and try again tomorrow.

If only I could mail one to my todo list to remind me to check :)

Posted 15 years ago
dtreweek says:
ha it's working again now. Maybe it just works when I post to the forum. It's serously slow today though, taking about 45 mins for one to come on.
Posted 15 years ago
michaeljh says:
It wasn't working Saturday and Sunday this weekend, and messages sent didn't get queued/bounced... I have a gmail autoforward set up and see a bunch of notes I've sent to myself that haven't (yet?) come through to RTM.

I was about to say that perhaps the queue is still being processed, but looking further back, I see several notes I sent myself on various days which were filtered to the correct Gmail box but never came through to RTM's task inbox, whereas nearby (in time) notes did -- argh!
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
michaeljh, any emails that came into our system should now be processed -- we're not aware of any issues over the weekend (apart from the scheduled downtime), but any emails that come in are queued up and then processed into the appropriate accounts.

Would it be possible to double check if your email forward has worked previously to send tasks into RTM? There is one thing to be aware of with Gmail forwarding -- as far as I know, Gmail's forwarding doesn't work for emails that you send to yourself, from yourself. It might be worth trying to send an email directly to your RTM Inbox address (as this will confirm if the Gmail forward isn't working).

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
michaeljh says:
Yep, that was it. I have multiple email accounts on my phone, and send notes to myself from whichever I happen to be in. When the account I'm sending from matches the Gmail account with the autoforward filter, the message doesn't get forwarded -- in all other cases it does. (That explains the seeming randomness.) Thanks for helping me get to the bottom of this!

My workaround will be to set up a new Gmail account which forwards two copies of each incoming message -- one to RTM, one to my main Gmail account -- then deletes the original. :)
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.