Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

MilkSync for Windows Mobile not Working

rui.aires says:
Please help!
I've upgraded to a Pro Account but I can't seem to get MilkSync to work.

Device: HTC with Windows Mobile 6
Tasks: 103 (all with only 1 category assigned)
Categories: about 20

The first sync from the WM6 to RTM only created 20 or so tasks (from diferent categories) in the Inbox! No lists where created! The task were not related in any way.

I've tried:
- Creating lists to match category names
- 1 Way sync insted of 2 way sync

What could be wrong ?
Posted at 4:43pm on May 3, 2008
rui.aires says:
However, tasks I create in RTM do sync back to WM6 with the correct category!

And, if I change a task on WM6 (any property) It does get synced...

Since all my tasks in WM6 came from Outlook in the first place, could there be a hidden "synced" flag somewhere confusing MilkSync ??

Anyway, even changed or NEW tasks on WM6 are not placed in the proper list in RTM !

This is very disappointing because it's a failure on the basic features and it's just not usable this way :-(
Posted 15 years ago
rui.aires says:
Ok, so today I gave Miksync another chance!

Made a complete cleanup of RTM and WM6 tasks, resynced with outlook and configures MilySync to do One Way Device2RTM!

And it worked...at least now all my 100 tasks are in RTM's inbox... but still, there's something wrong here with the category sync since no lists were created...

Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Hi Rui, sorry to hear you're experiencing problems -- I'm following up via email with you so hopefully we can get this resolved.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi - I am having a similar problem. My sync works but my Categ's from the mobile are not taken.

Now I have created all the Categ's, and did a oneway sync. But all my tasks remain in the Inbox (I have 363...)

Any ideas?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
gentleman, would you mind contacting us off the forum? Unfortunately it's difficult to diagnose MilkSync issues via the forum, but we'd be happy to check into this. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Hi Emily - I tried contacting you via the link above and I have tried fixing the problem myself, but to no avail...

I have all my items in the Inbox and I really do not feel like moving 350 items manually.

Would it help if you reset my Inbox to zero and I try once more?

Best
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.