Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Starring no longer automatically creating tasks in Gmail

pindy says:
I am experiencing the same problem as was reported by dlw in http://www.rememberthemilk.com/forums/help/3610/

I'm using 2.0.0.14, Google Apps Email, and in Settings | Tasks, I have Starring set to "Create a task when I star an email".

I've tried changing the setting to "Don't create a task when I star my email", saving, changing it back to "Create a task when I star an email", and saving again; but that didn't help.

Thanks, Andrew
Posted at 5:14am on May 1, 2008
drummergirl says:
Same problem here. Started happening within the last 24 hours. Did gmail get updated and break this function?
Posted 15 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
In the past we retired a forum that went underused. Today, I'd like to suggest the reverse - could we have a Gmail extension only forum, please? Or at least a using RTM in places besides the RTM web site forum? Because if you only use the web site for the most part, the signal/noise ratio here is getting very out of whack.

Just an idea, but I suspect I'm not alone.
Posted 15 years ago
liza says:
I've got the same problem - starring and labeling don't cause a new action to be created. Like pindy I have set and unset the "Create a task when I star an email" several times. Unlike him, though, It's never worked for me - I only got the 'new gmail' last week and although I can create tasks and update them manually the auto-create doesn't work.
I've gone through the troubleshooting guide, made sure I have the latest versions of Firefox, the RTM extension, and I don't use any other gmail type plugins.
Any ideas?
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Google has made a new version of Gmail's code available to a small number of users (unfortunately we don't have access to this yet). As soon as we can access the updated version, we'll get the starring/labeling functionality fixed up for the new code.
Posted 15 years ago
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Ran, it's a great idea - I'm with you. :)

I shall see what we can do here...
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.