Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Unable to Sync Using Milksync for Blackberry

(closed account) says:
Anyone else having problems syncing? I'm getting the following error message: "Remember the Milk is experiencing difficulties. Please try again in a few minutes".

I have yet to successfully sync since I downloaded the software this morning.
Posted at 1:30pm on April 23, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
amswitzer, thanks for letting us know -- I've followed up with you via email.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Same here. No visible sign of activity, not even an error message.
Posted 15 years ago
nick.giardina says:
I'm having the same issue. Been trying all day. Even uninstalled from the blackberry and reinstalled. I just sent my log to syncsupport.

the error code is 2400.
Posted 15 years ago
For anyone experiencing this issue, would it be possible to update to version 1.0.4 (which we've just released) by going to www.rmilk.com/milksync?

This version should fix a connection issue that some users have reported.

If you continue to experience any problems after the update, please let us know.

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I can confirm that the fix Emily speaks of resolved my issue, and I"m now "Milksyncing".
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
No noticeable change here: I hit "Sync Now" and then nothing, no progress indicator, no error message, nothing.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I've just tried uninstalling, resetting (removing and reinserting the Pearl's battery) and reinstalling. Installation appears to succeed, but then I get the following error "Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException" immediately before the final success dialog and the invitation to run the new application.

I've also noticed that the RTM applet doesn't seem to be able to store my username and password ... I have to reenter both every time I run the app.

Is there any more info I can give you to help you diagnose this?
Posted 15 years ago
milessabin, thanks for reporting this. This appears to be a different issue to the one that others were experiencing (which was a connection issue -- this looks to be a permissions/security issue).

Would it be possible to contact us off the forum? I'll have some additional steps that you might be able to perform on your BlackBerry that would give us further information about the problem you're experiencing on your device. We'd love to resolve this for you. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
nick.giardina says:
Version 1.0.4 worked for me. I'm syncing the milk! Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
jessicabeck says:
I'm getting the same error as milessabin, above (Uncaught exception: net.rim.device.api.system.ControlledAccessException) and the applet isn't saving my login info either. Was there ever a solution reached, or should I contact support as well?
Posted 15 years ago
Jessica, this can sometimes happen because of a permissions issue.

To correct the permissions for MilkSync, would it be possible to:

1) Go to Options > Security Options > Application Permissions on your BlackBerry.

2) Highlight MilkSync and select "Edit Permissions" from the menu.

3) Change the security permissions to "Allow" for all categories.

4) Save the changes.

5) Reset your device (by removing the battery), and try syncing with MilkSync again.

If you continue to experience problems, please let us know. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm a newbie so sorry my first post is a complaint.......

I just signed up, upgraded immediately so I could sync my Blackberry and guess what........ won't connect.
I get an error message 'Remeber the Milk is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again in a few minutes'
I tried following the advice in this thread and checked the security setting but they were all fine.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I'm having the same issue as simon.binder. Currently have the sync option set to "From RTM". It synced fine the first time when I set the sync option to "From Blackberry".

Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
cacampbell says:
I had the same problem.
I had no Categories on the BB and no tasks as I was starting from scratch. After I added 1 categories on the BB, then the sync operation worked correctly.

Good Luck

This was frustrating.
Posted 15 years ago
Just wanted to mention that there's an updated version of MilkSync (1.0.6) available -- you can update by going to www.rmilk.com/milksync with the BlackBerry browser on your device.

This version should fix some connection issues and errors in syncing that some users have reported.

If you continue to experience any problems after the update, please let us know.

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Had to uninstall v1.0.5, reboot my BB, and reinstall v1.0.6 in order to get everything working. Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.