Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

My smart list doesn't work

(closed account) says:
I've a Smart list named "@Maison" which is a view of the request 'list:"Next action" (tag:@maison OR (NOT tagContains:"@"))'

The result doesn't show up when I click on this list, BUT work is I cut / paste the request in the search area
Posted at 7:30am on April 21, 2008
aaronhh says:
I am not sure exactly what you are asking since you didn't use correct grammar. :) But, you might try writing it like:

list:"Next action" and tag:@maison

The "or not tagContains:@" part of the search seems to me to be redundant, just by looking at it for half a minute. And you left out the word "and" between the list and tag portions of the search which might be causing all of your problems.

You might also try logging out
and or deleting cookies and cache
and or closing your browser and opening a new browser
and or restarting your operating system?

Some times the good ole "power on reset" is all it takes to make everything good as new again. :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
I assumed that without any operator the AND operator is used. So my request could be read:

list:"Next action" AND (tag:@maison OR (NOT tagContains:"@"))

The 'NOT tagContains:"@")' predicate if not redudant to tag:@maison

It means (for me) to display all task labeled @maison and any task without a '@' starting tag.

I may try with a full syntax request, e.g. (list:"Next action") AND (tag:"@maison" OR (NOT tagContains:"@"))

Anyway I worked it around with the following request:
list:"Next action" AND (tag:"@maison" OR tag:"@any")

Instead or not labeling some of my tag with a @ in it, I've created a tag labeled "@any".
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
Oh, okay, so you want @maison to be the only tag displayed which contains the character "@".and you also want to display every other tag that does not contain that character, right?

I have been writing a lot of advanced searches lately, and I always place an "and" or an "or" between each part of the search, but I don't know if that is necessary.

so I guess I would write:

list:"Next action" and (not tagContains:@ or tag:@maison)

I'm not sure what you are accomplishing with the "@any".

Well, anyway, now that everybody reading this is thoroughly confused, I hope that you have been able to figure everything out! :)
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
About my "@any": Instead of having some tasks without any tag containing a '@', I labeled them with a tag "@any". Easier to find a task with "@any" than a task with a tag without a '@' char. So, now, all of my task have at least a tag containing a '@'.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.