Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

syncing with Palm OS

steve.boyd says:
Is any work underway as part of the RTM pro beta to get RTM to sync with Palm OS --- for example with any of the Palm OS Treos?
Posted at 5:34am on April 21, 2008
aaronhh says:
I would be happy if they would create a stand alone .prc palm OS application, because I have been using palm pilots for the last 10 years, and it would be nice to update my list throughout the day on my palm pilot instead of printing out my todo list and using paper and pen throughout the day like I am currently doing. It is funny that I have been using palm pilots for ten years and now I am reduced to using paper and pen throughout the day in order to enjoy the increased features of RTM on my computer at home. LOL :)
Posted 15 years ago
wernst says:
I am fortunate enough to have a Treo, which means it has internet access. Despite the fact that I've paid serious money over the years for third party outliners and agenda programs, all of which sync to the desktop, with RTM I'm pretty much not using them anymore.

I admit that I would really like a Palm Sync-er, but I find the mobile website http://m.rememberhtemilk.com/ is pretty useful, especially with some strategic bookmarks and Sharklink (which makes icons on the home screen for URLs). I have timed events tagged with a .event tag, which then gets fed into a Google Calender, which I can also view with my mobile browser. Google calender can also send me SMS alerts as alarms for these events.

Finally, there is a tool that syncs the Google Calender to the Palm calender, either via the air (I think its called GooSync) or you could sync Google Calender to Outlook, and then sync outlook to your Palm.

Not perfect, but not useless either.
Posted 15 years ago
cainmark says:
I would love a Palm sync versin as well, one that doesn't have to be connected to the mobile net since I use a basic Palm Zire to-do list.
It would be ideal if those could sync up. I'd enter non-internet connected data, and then once I am connecected, it would sync with RTM when I ask it to. Now that thye've got the iPhoen, Blackberry, And that windows stuff working, Palm really should be next on the list.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.