Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Multiple selected tasks, set due date

aflato says:
Hi, when I have a few tasks selected and want to set the due date for them all, it only sets the due date for the task that I clicked (or selected by keyboard shortcut) last.
Thanks!
Posted at 4:25pm on December 23, 2005
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
Currently it's not possible to set the due date for multiple tasks (the task details on the right are for a single task only). We're looking into allowing multiple tasks to be edited -- would people find this useful?
Posted 18 years ago
ranbarton Power Poster says:
Yes, Emily, speaking just for myself, obviously enough, I would find the assignation of due dates to multiple items at once very useful.
Posted 18 years ago
rakesh says:
Yes, I agree. This would be necessary especially with emailed multiple tasks.

Currently, we can add, say, 15 tasks to a specific list by email. However, we then have to assign the due date per task.

Being able to add due dates to multiple tasks would be swell.
Posted 18 years ago
steve.thomas says:
Yes I would it useful to set due dates for multiple tasks, but usually when I do that the dates are different for each task.
As I am getting into the habit of using your very useful e-mail import to setup my lists, it would be very useful if there could be a way to specify the due date on import, along with labels. That said I understand the problems of doing that, keeping it simple and parsing text in a way that doesn't generate errors.

That said what would be useful is to assign labels or multiple labels to tasks. I can think of two cases where I would use this:
One where I use labels to assign tasks to individuals, and another where I assign a context to a task (Context being defined as where I would do this particular task, examples: phone call, e-mail, home, errands).

Labels are simple and would give people the flexibility to "customize" things to their way of doing things.

Thanks!!!
Posted 18 years ago
dav says:
It would be extremely useful
Posted 18 years ago
monaghan.david says:
Wishing I had this now! Due, Repeat, Time Estimate, Tags, and Notes please! :)
Posted 18 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.