Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Floating Sidebar is Really Annoying on a Long List

aaronhh says:
The floating sidebar is really annoying on a long list. Can RTM please set an option which causes the sidebar to instantly move when the screen moves, instead of sloooooooooowly floating up or down until it sloooooowly arrives at a place where it can be easily read? The floating side bar is kind of like being on a ship in a rough sea state. It is fun for the first 5 minutes, but then after that it is just a pain in the azz.
Posted at 12:57am on April 21, 2008
aaronhh says:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7825

See, Emily, I'm not the only person who feels this way. I would rather that RTM implement a stable fix instead of me having to implement a "grease monkey" script which may or may not screw up my computer. How hard would it be, Emily, to implement an option which is similar to this script? The slowly floating sidebar is really bad news when navigating a list that is over a hundred tasks long. I dare you to try it. When you use the shortcut keys "j" and "k" to navigate higher than the top task which takes you to the bottom of the list, or to navigate lower than the bottom task which takes you to the top of the list, you have to wait a REALLY long time for the slowly floating sidebar to finally catch up to the current position of the screen. I hate to say it, Emily, but this is not top tier software behavior. But never fear; I'm sure you super duper sofware RTM genius people can get this one fixed in a jiffy! Just add an option on the general settings tab, and that way people with small lists and keep the old way, and more ambitious users like myself with hundreds of tasks in a list can have the option to turn off the fancy slowly floating feature.

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/7825
Posted 15 years ago
aaronhh says:
Posted 15 years ago
wernst says:
Hey, it works now! I tried this in early April and it was non-functional.

All Hail Greasemonkey!
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.