Forums

Discuss all things Remember The Milk.

menu

Gmail task list does not stay open

krypticide says:
I've logged into RTM multiple times, but the task list in Gmail tells me I'm not logged in. I press Refresh, the list briefly shows up, and then it reverts to the same not logged in message.
Posted at 9:51pm on April 17, 2008
emily (Remember The Milk) says:
krypticide, would it be possible to let me know:

1) Which version of Firefox you're using?

2) Do you have any other extensions installed? If so, which ones?

3) Which operating system are you using?

Thanks! :)
Posted 15 years ago
krypticide says:
Firefox 2.0.0.14

Relevant Gmail add-ons:
Better Gmail 2 0.3.4
CustomizeGoogle 0.71
GTDInbox 2.0.7

Windows Vista
Posted 15 years ago
krypticide says:
I tried removing CustomizeGoogle, but that didn't help.
Posted 15 years ago
krypticide, thanks for letting me know. Hmm, I'm wondering if one of the other extensions affecting Gmail might be conflicting here -- would it be possible to disable these, restart Firefox, and see if the problem still occurs? Thanks!
Posted 15 years ago
urban.kucharcik says:
I have the same issue as krypticide, on an XP tho .

Same FF version, same add-ons, plus Gmail Manager.

I noticed the issue first appeared after upgrading to GTDInbox 2.0.7. yesterday. is this of any help?
Posted 15 years ago
james.parallel says:
I have had the same issue as urban.kucharcik. It is definitely they GTDInbox upgrade that is causing the RTM glitch, because when I disable GTDInbox, RTM stops logging out every time the page is refreshed.

I LOVE both of these plug-ins and would love if they could play nicely together.
Posted 15 years ago
urban.kucharcik says:
Follow up: disabling GTDInbox fixes the problem, so i presume it's the new version of GTDInbox conflicting with RTM extension.
Posted 15 years ago
krypticide says:
Good catch, I forgot I had just upgraded to 2.0.7.
Posted 15 years ago
(closed account) says:
Yes I m having a problem using the new GTDINbox version 2.0.7. Is this something they have to fix, or you guys can sort out from your end??
Posted 15 years ago
Unfortunately we're not able to see what the GTDInbox author has changed in the new version of this extension, so it would be best to report any issues to the extension author. If the problem has only been introduced between versions of GTDInbox, hopefully it won't be too hard to track down. Sorry I can't be of more help!
Posted 15 years ago
urban.kucharcik says:
it seems (from their help forum) that over at the GTDinbox they are aware if the problem and dealing with it.
Posted 15 years ago
andymitchell says:
Hi all,

I'm the author of GTDInbox and there is definitely conflict between the two addons. Emily & I have been in touch but as yet we've failed to hit the problem.

As of 2.0.6, RTM prevented GTDInbox from working. In 2.0.7 I changed that to make GTDInbox work; but it seems in doing so I stopped RTM working... all of which suggests our addons are fighting over the same resource, and whoever reaches it first "wins" (of course, no one wins really).

Posted 15 years ago
derek.conjar says:
Is there any progress in finding a fix to the conflict with RTM and GTDinbox?

If there's an alpha or a beta out yet that addresses this problem, I wouldn't mind donating to have access to that.
Posted 15 years ago
We go to a lot of effort to make sure that when RTM for Gmail is loaded, we don't modify any of Gmail's internal code in a way that changes its behaviour. From a code perspective, RTM for Gmail should be invisible to both Gmail itself and other extensions -- this is important as it ensures that we don't break any of Gmail's functionality or cause problems for other extensions.

Not all extensions work similarly though, so we've just updated our extension to guard against other extensions that are modifying Gmail's internal code and changing its behaviour (whether intentionally or not :). However, there's only so much we can do to work around this kind of problem. :(

I've let Andy know that this is happening with GTDInbox (it's not actually RTM and GTDInbox competing for the same Gmail resources, but rather that GTDInbox is modifying the resource's behaviour, causing problems for RTM and potentially for Gmail itself).

We would love for our extension to be as compatible with as many others as possible (we know there are a lot of great Firefox extensions out there!), but unfortunately we can't guarantee compatibility with extensions that make such modifications to Gmail's internal code.

Hope this helps!
Posted 15 years ago
rememberthemilk.dml says:
I'm not sure if anything has been changed over night, but if something did, it seems to have worked, or at least significantly delayed the reload problem. Both of these extensions are so useful, thank you so much for your attention.
Posted 15 years ago
This topic has now been closed automatically due to a lack of responses in the past 90 days.